Weird Dreams Thread

I had the "shit I have an exam today for which I didn't study" nightmare for 10 fucking years after graduating. Glad I hadn't had it a while.

I had a variation on that dream last night.

I was realizing I hadn't attended a French class in many semesters, and I would fail my degree because of this.

It took me a few minutes after waking up to convince myself it wasn't real.

I graduated 18 years ago!

A few nights ago I dreamt that I woke up one morning and went to the bathroom, got livid because the brand new tube of toothpaste I'd bought two days before was now almost empty then while peeing discovered I'd grown a third testicle.

Which turned out after some emergency surgery to be a plum stone I'd accidentally swallowed weeks before which had somehow defied the rules of anatomy and made its way into my scrotum.

I had this dream that made me angry when I woke up. I was in a mall, in a cosmetics store, not lush, more sephora. I found some face scrub go to the counter and look around for the cashier. Young girl comes to the counter scans the item, I hand her my card. 'It doesn't work' ok hand her another card 'we don't except debt' it's not a debit card 'she turns back to the register then back to me 'yep doesn't work' I pull out my wallet again which is bulging will loose money (I rarely carry cash) 'we don't accept cash'. I laugh at the predicament and my teenage tormentor is irritated. She ask 'so do you want me to put this away for you or can't you do that yourself' I'm on the phone calling for my boyfriend to come with his wallet and buy it so I can show up this little mean girl wannabe....

Someones hurting from underlying rejection issues.

source.gif

The Corona virus causes weird dreams - well, the fear of it does.

I just dreamt about some "Game of Thrones"-type dark age drama with two factions within the "royal" circles fighting over the crippled crown prince (hello, Bran Stark) while their whole world was threatened by some mystical thing coming nearer and nearer (representing the virus).
At some point open fighting broke out and the horse carriage in which the prince was being kidnapped by the "evil" faction was taken out in an ambush. Cue them changing into the nearest other vehicle standing around at the scene, and the attackers chasing them around town. But now it wasn't horse carriages and antique weapons anymore, but it turned into a car chase Opel Omega vs. VW Passat (yes, specifically - that car also lost a whole rear wheel but was able to keep chasing). While the characters were still wearing their dark age clothing. And it took place near Leavenworth prison, but clearly in a residential area of a big city 20th century style (I have no idea where Leavenworth actually is, but the name was mentioned). And after the good guys managed to take a shortcut over a lawn area and ram a parked car into the path of the chased car (cue crash), a shootout with automatic wepaons happened, with me seeing things through the eyes of the good guy driver who was shooting at the trapped bad guy driver with a harpoon gun. But the bolt got stuck halfway through the windshield and her startled face was the last thing I saw before I woke up.

I'm not sure, but I think the dream might have been in English even.

Weeeeeiiiird shit. Now it's still only 4:25 am, but I wanted to write this up before I inevitable forget about it in the morning. :D

You didn't watch 18x03 recently by any chance, did you? :mrgreen:
No I didn't.

But I forgot to include one detail. The existential threat to that world in my dream? It was some kind of horror-movie black smoke with thorns that came creeping up from the "underworld" over the (literal) edges of the world and continued inwards... yeah.

Tonight's dream wasn't overly weird, but still...

I was at some company which had a building on a hill above a river, about 20 Metres above the river. The front to the river was pretty much all glass. Suddenly there were massive water waves which reached the building. Everybody tried to fend off the waves with wooden pallets while trying to spot the reason of the waves until someone found it: there was a massive sperm whale in the river which was surprising since it was bigger than the locks between the river and the ocean. We shooed the whale in the direction of the ocean, but there was a labyrinth of canals where the whale got stuck so we had to cool it down and "lubricate" it with garden hoses so it would fit through the tight corners of the labyrinth. Additionally, there were three baby whales and two dolphins trying to escape to the ocean as well.

Then I woke up so I don't know if the whale was saved. :(

Nature is coming back to Germany's rivers?

I had a dream about my high school auto-shop teacher. We talked about things that have come to be in the automotive world since I was in school. Compound supercharging, hybrids, EVs, 10 speed automatic transmissions, radiators with shutters and much more. He was most impressed by neon lights.... that is when I woke up.

After waking up early this morning, I fell asleep again.... and dreamt that I was racing in kind of a track school or something, because while the POV was from me in the driver's seat, the audio track was the commentary from some kind of race driving teacher. And it wasn't race cars, but normal road cars, in my case my first car (VW Passat). Or a more powerful version of it, because I was even overtaking other cars... :LOL: And weird for a dream, the track was consistent from lap to lap, so no random changes.

I dreamt that I saw Donald Trump driving a TVR Tuscan Speed Six down a residential street backwards and turning into his driveway.

I dreamt that I saw Donald Trump driving a TVR Tuscan Speed Six down a residential street backwards and turning into his driveway.

Whatever you’ve got, can you share? :)

I feel sorry for the TVR more than anything.

My dreams last night were all over the place and I've forgotten most of them but I do recall looking up to a smoggy/cloudy sky to see it lit up by a hot air balloon going overhead. Some Bioshock Infinite vibes going on.

I also saw a jet plane crash, but it was more like a model plane as the engines kept running and it went back up into the air before crashing again and exploding. People close to the crash who were apparently friends but they weren't like anyone I actually know were completely unharmed by the massive explosion.

I was at Adus, presumably for Sylvestermeet. Lying on the floor watching something on the TV with everyone else but rolled over onto a big glass fruit bowl which shattered.

I pull various small bits of glass out of my hands and calf muscle then roll back onto my back to see a long shard over a foot long sticking out of my chest. And in spite of knowing it's a really bad idea I ease that one out too. Cue big spurts of arterial blood, exposed heart and instant realisation I'm about to die.

Woke up. Very relieved.

For some reason this dream had me in my parents house. I was there alone and then I look outside to the backyard and there’s this helicopter hovering, just facing the house. Every so often it change positions but never do anything else. I end up hiding underneath tables because whoever is flying is looking for something. This goes on for a bit eventually the helicopter flies away. Everything changes and I’m now outside with somebody. We watch a medical helicopter fly by in the air, then it flies back. Now it’s back again but instead of just turning around it makes a violent turn so quick that it must have caused an issue because it plummeted to the ground and blows up. Then I wake up.

I don’t know why, but the one watching was very distinct cargo style, the medical one was a normal looking one.

0DA27A84-B37D-4315-A5F6-EC961786D99C.jpeg

I dreamt that I was doing a car quiz hosted by Techmoan of all people, running around a place answering questions that might have been car related. The only two I remember are having to match the obscure name of a colour with a picture (I assume there was only one match) and having to identify a city from some footage of old cars (I think it was NYC, that was my answer at least).

For some reason this dream had me in my parents house. I was there alone and then I look outside to the backyard and there’s this helicopter hovering, just facing the house. Every so often it change positions but never do anything else. I end up hiding underneath tables because whoever is flying is looking for something. This goes on for a bit eventually the helicopter flies away. Everything changes and I’m now outside with somebody. We watch a medical helicopter fly by in the air, then it flies back. Now it’s back again but instead of just turning around it makes a violent turn so quick that it must have caused an issue because it plummeted to the ground and blows up. Then I wake up.

I don’t know why, but the one watching was very distinct cargo style, the medical one was a normal looking one.

View attachment 3557760

To much GTA?

To much GTA?

Maybe? I don’t know, most of my dreams for a few months now have been.... quite sexual and not something I’d want to write down and have the internet record.

Last edited: