Ownership Verified: We're Ford guys now! 2018 Mustang GT

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
While I've had a string of F150s, I've not really considered myself a hardcore blue oval fan. But, I think I can't deny it anymore, I'm a Ford guy. Really it's Nabster's fault. He let me drive the Orange Furry and that pushed an idea that had been fermenting in my head to a full boil. Next morning I went down to a local dealer and after beating them with a 2x4 over the price, took this home.

i-v69BTgR-X2.jpg

Meet Scarlet, the stripper. :wicked:

She's got everything you need, nothing you don't. GT, Perfomance pack 1, 6 speed manual transmission, sexy optional 5 spoke alloys and of course that lovely Royal Crimson metallic paint.

Not quite the ultimate 2 Ford setup, but close.

i-F56RgXJ-X2.jpg

And in case anyone doubted me, the proof.

i-5CBnQ2q-L.jpg

This is gonna be fun. :burnrubber:

Sexy beast and love the color! Especially love that it comes in the only correct choice of transmission.

Can confirm, we're now "those guys" in the matchy-matchy new Mustangs getting up to loud shenanigans. :lol:

Crazyjeeper;n3553881 said:
Really it's Nabster's fault. He let me drive the Orange Furry and that pushed an idea that had been fermenting in my head to a full boil.

You're welcome.

And now by our powers combined we have the same thing to do for someone else :shifty:

Can confirm, we're now "those guys" in the matchy-matchy new Mustangs getting up to loud shenanigans. :lol:

Crazyjeeper;n3553881 said:
Really it's Nabster's fault. He let me drive the Orange Furry and that pushed an idea that had been fermenting in my head to a full boil.

You're welcome.

And now by our powers combined we have the same thing to do for someone else :shifty:

Mustang is the new American Miata :p

Anyone else want a new Mustang? Just let me know....

CrzRsn;n3553891 said:
Anyone else want a new Mustang? Just let me know....

For the Mustang money you can get Cayman in Europe. So, take a guess

These stripper™️ trim Mustangs are the best deal going for a sporty car. And the Mustang GT is a competent sports car for 2018+.

I’m sort of a Euro snob and can attest that these cars are not the live axle horse carts that couldn’t hold a candle to the sporty coupes of the day.

It would be real interesting to see a comparo between one and a Cayman on street and track.

Nabster;n3553886 said:

I didn’t even have time to post ‘inb4 Der Stig needs to buy a Challenger already.’ :lol:

MiXAL;n3553892 said:

Soooo.... obviously not the target audience eh? And my guess is that people do want Mustangs as 2 people on here just bought them.........

MiXAL;n3553892 said:

And here in the US the Cayman is nearly twice the price, for half the engine and less power, and maintenance costs are Porsche versus Ford. :dunno:

Congrats on the purchase! Quite a lovely color! My wife has recently picked up '15 S550 and I haven't been able to get over how good the chassis is.

Nabster;n3553931 said:
And here in the US the Cayman is nearly twice the price, for half the engine and less power, and maintenance costs are Porsche versus Ford. :dunno:

...and you look like a douchebag while driving it. The Porsche hype going on in the world needs to call down.

Eeep - so excited for both you and Nabster! Congrats!!