We've lost a Finn. R.I.P. Thujalvi/Jussi Kontusalmi

Damn, this came out of nowhere. I've met the guy plenty of times on various FG meets. Last time just about a month ago...
And doubly sad that he didn't get a chance to properly finish the Sturmwagen.

RIP.

He was a good, cool guy who was nice to have around. Thanks for the memories.

Sad, very sad. Met him again this Winter during ice track meet, we both went to see the rally and on the way back to Helsinki he showed us his workshop and e30. He was a great guy and I'll miss him.

The news first reached me on FB, my heartfelt condolence to the family :sad:

25 is realy no age to die.
RIP Jussi Kontusalmi aka Thujalvi. You were a cool and kind dude, judging by the short time we spent on FinalGear Ringmeet 2014 :( Sad News indeed.

its a very sad day, met Jussi many times at the fi-meets and always had a nice chat with him.
My condolences to his family, its very sad thing to hear if he died of diabetes (most of my family has it).

Few people leave a lasting impression like Thujalvi did. He was a genuinely caring guy, good to the core. I feel fortunate to have met the man, seen his workshop and amazing car. Words fail me - "13:12 < LoOsE_uNiT> We have been informed that Thujalvi passed away today." are not words you can prepare yourself to hear regarding a friend at 25 years old. They hit you like a sack of bricks. He was the definition of future potential, he was a master of dreams and future plans - such a... I'm lost for words. To know he can't pursue that anymore feels.. wrong and weird. The FG WhatsApp group has mentioned buying his prized possession, his purple lightning, to finish it and help the family with forthcoming expenses.

May him and his E30 ride eternal. Shiny and purple...

The FG WhatsApp group has mentioned buying his prized possession, his purple lightning, to finish it and help the family with forthcoming expenses.

That sounds like a fitting tribute and a welcome help for his family if they wish to sell it. I know there is at least one member who has the experience to fix it up and do it justice. :)

As I said before. Before the family sells the E30 to some random car dealer - or even scrapper - I'll fly to Finland and buy it as it sits there.

:sad:

I am stunned and speechless.

Please send our condolences to his Family and friends.

:sad:

Last edited:
One of those true characters that you meet in life. He was potentially going to be riding shotgun with me for the mini roadtrip this year ...

This really sucks :(

RIP, Jussi. We will do everything we can to get the Sturmwagen to Ringmeet!

I'm starting to feel like a liferaft passenger, watching sealiner goes down. :| Too many good guys gone this year. (And the causes were insanily ugly.)

Dunno if anyone aprooves this, but i got an urge to post a musical tribute, executed by one of mah favorite singers

[video]https://youtu.be/sZrK_CkuaGg?t=22[/video]

Wow, I don't really know what to say.

I didn't know him well, only saw him at ringmeet a couple times, but he definitely was one of those people you'll remember for a long time.

My condolences to his family and friends. :(

Damn. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.