We've lost a Finn. R.I.P. Thujalvi/Jussi Kontusalmi

RIP Jussi :(

Condolences to all his family and friends. Never met him, but he's one of our own and will be remembered.

As I said before. Before the family sells the E30 to some random car dealer - or even scrapper - I'll fly to Finland and buy it as it sits there.

Please.

:( RIP.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said before. Before the family sells the E30 to some random car dealer - or even scrapper - I'll fly to Finland and buy it as it sits there.
This would rule.

Sad news indeed. That is too young to go, and such a tragic event.

I met him at Ringmeet '13, but we didn't talk much. He does leave an impression though, a memorable character.
Mrs 47 actually spoke to him a bit more, she was also shocked and saddened by the news.
He was part of our little community and has my respect, may he rest in piece.

Wh..what? I met him a few times and exchanged only a few words with him, but the Sturmwagen project left no doubt that he was a car guy all day long. R.I.P. :(

If the plans of saving the Sturmwagen and getting it to Ringmeet go through, don't hesitate to ask if local help is needed with organizing things.

Didn't really know the man. But from what I knew, he was a good dude to have around. The first time I met the dude really was when the engine blew (not in a 325i I know!) and he got towed back to the cabin.

Here's nicjasno and frankiess saluting from Western Croatia.

Last edited:
RIP T_T

Damn. :(
I met him on Ringmeet 2014 and sadly we only exchanged a few words, but I'll miss seeing him again.
He left a lasting impression on me, and went away way to soon. :|
Farewell, and may you rebuild many BMWs wherever you are now.

Also, we should name the "Best Ringmeet Beard award" in his honor.

:(

I enjoyed watching his E30 project come along...Sad to hear.

Second on the best beard award being named in his honor.

I already suggested to Ice that the Sisu Award for being the most Finnish should be named for him but since he won the inaugural facial hair prize last year outright I think you guys are correct.

It is now the Thujalvi Trophy for the Second Best Beard.

:thumbsup:

My condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

I just had an idea that's a bit out there.

Could we possibly somehow do a nicjasno on the Sturmwagen (crowd fund it and get it immaculate) then auction it off at a classic auction and donate the proceeds to a diabetes charity? With his family's blessing of course. Or something along those lines at least.

Sounds a bit of a stretch to actually get that to work, to be honest.

I'd rather just go with the plan of throwing some money together from just us here and buying it, IF it gets sold, so the family gets some potentially needed money and the car remains with us. Les publicity, more just a thing between friends, you know?

After my experience in the Balkans and since I am about to sell the 330 I could possibly be down for buying it even if it is wrong hand drive

Sounds a bit of a stretch to actually get that to work, to be honest.

I'd rather just go with the plan of throwing some money together from just us here and buying it, IF it gets sold, so the family gets some potentially needed money and the car remains with us. Les publicity, more just a thing between friends, you know?

I agree.
Sounds a bit too ambitious, even if totally awesome.