We've lost a Finn. R.I.P. Thujalvi/Jussi Kontusalmi

:(

He was a true definition of a Finn. Man of doing instead of talking, and talking wisely when doing so.

R.I.P

Fuck this shit. RIP, Jussi.

My CEO is walking the Camino Porteguese currently to raise money for charity. I hope nobody minds but I've asked him when he gets the opportunity to light a candle in Jussi's memory.

Well damn. Rest in piece, fellow petrolhead. The Sturmwagen project is awesome, and I hope this Forum finishes it. Please do it.

25 is too young, indeed. I'm glad I got to meet him at Ringmeet, that time I did. :(

This just got posted on FaceBook:
This is Joni, Jussi's brother, writing.
As some of you might already have heard the bad news, Jussi is no longer with us.
He was found dead in his home on 22.5. The cause of death is not yet known, but a dramatic drop of blood sugar, leading to an insulin coma is suspected.
I will miss you, brother...

I spoke to his father today and he would like to thank you all for your kind words, as he was directed here and read through the whole thread. :)

I'm collecting a list of people from here for the commemoration, so if you want to take part, PM me your name and short foreword(?), if you like. Also, if you have pictures of him and/or the car, please send them to me as I'm making a compilation of everything he had time to take part in here.

And for those worried about the fate of the car. No fears of scrapping or such, it's going to stay in the family and gear.fi might make a visit in near future to see what's still needed to get it running.

PM'ed the one i could find from last years ringmeet.

and yay for the car to hopefully live on.

His brother also commented on my post:

Thank you, all. It makes this sad situation a little less heavy, knowing that Jussi Kontusalmi had so many friends across the globe.

I was at work when I read that, and I got a bit emotional for a moment..

:( I still have a lump in my throat when I think of him, that's terrible. I wish his family all the strength for the upcoming time.

RIP Jussi, enjoy the great racetrack in the sky.

This from me as well. I only knew him from the forums..but damn. I have a son that age. :-(

RIP kiddo.

I spoke to his father today and he would like to thank you all for your kind words, as he was directed here and read through the whole thread. :)

I'm collecting a list of people from here for the commemoration, so if you want to take part, PM me your name and short foreword(?), if you like. Also, if you have pictures of him and/or the car, please send them to me as I'm making a compilation of everything he had time to take part in here.

And for those worried about the fate of the car. No fears of scrapping or such, it's going to stay in the family and gear.fi might make a visit in near future to see what's still needed to get it running.

There is a way. I mean, I could dig up names of everyone who has replied here, but I hope people can bother enough to send something to me. Up to whopping 5 names atm.. :?

Just sent mine. I've been building up to it. Still didn't manage it without blinking away tears.

Jussi,

I count myself honoured to have called you friend, knowing you as I did in person for just a few short days. You were a man of few words but words that meant something, of unusual fashion sense but always stylish, and most of all a man of warmth, integrity and humour.

You will be forgotten neither by me nor any of the Final Gear Family who met you. Wherever your soul is now may your toolbox be in order, spare parts cheap and the roads empty.

Godspeed.

Matt

Last edited:
The commemoration is on 18.7. so it's not like there's much hurry. Just thought I'd highlight it in case some missed it.

Sad, sad news. :( My thoughts are with his family.