We've lost a Finn. R.I.P. Thujalvi/Jussi Kontusalmi

Recently, I remembered that one of the last proper conversations I had with him, was about how he was disappointed that Viking funerals are not legal in Finland.
I laughed a little, then it just made me sad.

As I feel it should be mentioned here too and not just as a sidenote in the ringmeet thread, I'll leave those pictures here too.

The short story: During the Finalgear Ringmeet 2015 2 weeks ago, we had a short speach, a toast (Jaloviina!) and a moment of silence for Jussi before our traditional saturday dinner. And in a way, he was still with us. Thanks to Matthew and Mikko for the words.

IMG_2648.jpg

:thumbsup:

:(

We should also mention that the big Roadtrip crew started the journey by meeting Jussi's parents and visiting his grave to pay respects.

It still kinda feels surreal :(

As I feel it should be mentioned here too and not just as a sidenote in the ringmeet thread, I'll leave those pictures here too.

The short story: During the Finalgear Ringmeet 2015 2 weeks ago, we had a short speach, a toast (Jaloviina!) and a moment of silence for Jussi before our traditional saturday dinner. And in a way, he was still with us. Thanks to Matthew and Mikko for the words.

Thought I should mention... After a while the iPad was running out of juice, so it displayed the huge "battery low" icon, and then it shut off. And as public commented, that was weirdly appropriate. I'm sure Thujalvi would've appreciated the irony.

Saw this pop up on my FB feed as well and got to thinking (scary thought)...If his parents don't have plans, I think it'd be cool if we FGers crowd funded finishing up his E30.

That idea has been thrown around. If it happens I would certainly be willing to support it.

Thought I should mention... After a while the iPad was running out of juice, so it displayed the huge "battery low" icon, and then it shut off. And as public commented, that was weirdly appropriate. I'm sure Thujalvi would've appreciated the irony.

He'd have laughed at that, I am sure :D

I added my photos of Jussi from last year's Ringmeet to a Flickr album. You should be able to save them anyone who wants them.

I got a pic of that. Will post later in the name of humor after death.

This just got posted on FaceBook:
This is Joni, Jussi's brother, writing.
As some of you might already have heard the bad news, Jussi is no longer with us.
He was found dead in his home on 22.5. The cause of death is not yet known, but a dramatic drop of blood sugar, leading to an insulin coma is suspected.
I will miss you, brother...
Today is the first anniversary of Jussi's death so we should all have a drink on him.

Rest in peace o7

Last edited:
Amen. :cheers: