What are you going to choose as your first car?

MadCat360

Forum Addict
Car(s)
*Carless* Waaahhh
Obviously we don't know all the details, how much money we get, which cars are premium, how the used car lot will work, how GT5P credits will transfer...

But we can still specumalate!

My first car will probably be the car you get for all gold on the license tests. But I may or may not keep it depending on what it is.

If I go and buy something myself, I will try to find something European first. A Mini Cooper sounds really tempting. But there are great low budget Japanese cars too. I may get a Miata, or an RX-8 depending on what the prices are like.

What are you going for?

My history so far:

GT2: Toyota Starlet Glanza IV
GT3: PT Cruiser (IIRC, it was either that or the Sprinter Trueno given your starting cash)
GT4: Infiniti G20

I make it a point not to use the usual "starters." Depending on license requirements I sometimes have a few license cars before I buy but those don't count.

I hope people don't use the silhouette cars as a first car.

I fired up GT4 the other day, and amazingly tracked down my original save from when I backed up my memory card on my PS3. That G20 makes about 325 HP to the front wheels. I might want to revise my strategy if I value my tires :hmm:

If I were to ever play GT5, it would be the 80's Honda City TURBO for me haha.

I love those awful cars.

I don't remember my first GT3 car, and I didn't have GT4 as I didn't have a PS2. My first car in GT5P was the Honda Integra/Acura RSX, so I'd like to choose some kind of quirky classic as my first car for GT5.

In GT4 i sold some of the first prize cars from the licenses and got a used Impreza.

I think that or a used Mitsubishi EVO would be the fastest cars for your money, and they respond well to tuning.

But I think I'm going to be a little less "efficient" with GT5 and take my time to enjoy some of the less powerfull cars before moving on to the faster stuff.

Might get a MX-5 / Miata, Toyta MR2 or something like that.

Last edited:
i only played GT2, and there i got a toyota starlet as first car

i'm not gonna choose that one again :|

As with every gran turismo (except 3) it will be an FC RX7 ;)

(or possibly FB if one is available)

My first car in GT4 was a Buick GNX. I have no idea what I'm going to choose in 5, I'll just look through the used dealer and pick something out.

My first in GT4 was a '69 stingray which I tricked out (+cr.100,000 for importing licenses from GT3 if I remember correctly). Maybe I'll aim for a cheap Bimmer or Toyota Supra.

Miata, of course. Cheap and can be made very fast with little money. :mrgreen:

I just went back into GT4 to check what my original car was and it was a green Miata. I can't really think of anything much better than it at the lowest end of the GT price spectrum (well, maybe a Miata in red :p).

I seem to start out with a black '90s Honda Prelude every time, and finish off the FF races first.

Why break with tradition?

My first car in GT4 was some 80's Civic or a S13 Silvia. So it'll probably be one of those again.

My first car in GT2 was a lancer coupe, then in GT3....I can't remember, GT4 I started out with a light green Silvia S13. Hopefully my to be European copy of GT5 will recognise my Hong Kong save of GT5: Prologue and I'll be able to get something nice for a change, so maybe a GTI?

Last edited: