What are you listening to right here, right now?

Eluveitie- The Call Of The Mountains

Most songs of this Swiss folk metal band are way too heavy for my taste but this one is just great and the singer (Anna Murphy) is just gorgeous!

[video=youtube;-w2m-TeLi6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w2m-TeLi6I[/video]

The album from Morphine that I always forget about, or think I don't like as much as others...but then when songs pop up on shuffle, I am always checking to see what album they are from.

My fb newsfeed is filled with teasers of Tool's gig in Arizona over the weekend, so to stem my jealousy, I'm reliving one of the gigs I went to in 2013. Saw them two nights in a row.:mrgreen:

I just got the two passenger cars today. Lovely soothing sound.

Last edited:
Just finished watching this for the second time.

He has a great stage presence/personality, if you ever have a chance to see him live. Saw him with The Frames years ago, and it stands out as one of the most engaging shows I've been to, out of the hundreds I've seen.

He has a great stage presence/personality, if you ever have a chance to see him live. Saw him with The Frames years ago, and it stands out as one of the most engaging shows I've been to, out of the hundreds I've seen.
He did a surprise midnight show in my city with less than 24 hour notice. It was in this tiny little bookstore jammed with people. Everyone was tired, yawning and the show started late. But when the show finally started it was absolute magic. He sang mostly songs from his new album and just blew everyone away. He sounds even better live! There's songs that he just goes all out on. Full on singing/roaring with emotion, passion and energy, it sends shivers through your spine. Never seen anybody like him.

I have an EP, can't remember the name, but it is plain black and white painting/drawing ("the roads outgrown" or something), but it has a great live recording of Fitzcarraldo that shows off his emotin range in his singing.

When I saw them, there was one song where he asked the crowd to sing a "la la laa" harmony along with the song. At one point, he looked right at me (probably a 1,000 person venue, and I was about 5 "rows" back from the front), and said, "I can't tell if this guy in the Mot?rhead t-shirt is actually singing or not, but either way, sir, I respect that you are here."

Last edited: