What Are You Reading?

Brushing up my pop culture history even further with two books on music I can highly recommend to anyone.

Nick Tosches' Award-Winning "Hellfire", an biography of Rock and Roll icon Jerry Lee Lewis, who might or might not have lived up to his "Killer" moniker later in life...
hellfire.jpg

And
Lords_of_Chaos.jpg

A quite interesting book, even if the fact that one of the authors is a member of a satanic and possible neo-fascist band himself sometimes gets in the way of factuality.

Last edited:
a0HAIbo.jpg

Just finished off the Lost Fleet series by Jack Campbell.

Good, honest military sci-fi. Dug it a lot. Enjoyed every page. Fantastic space-naval battle portral, definitely a little weak on the character development. Still had a lot of fun.

51Vo9A3rtOL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

On now to Antony Beevor's books, I've wanted to read them for a long time. I'm starting with Stalingrad, then will read Ardennes and Berlin.

542389.jpg

Lately I've been reading random stories on reddit but, holy shit that place has gone to shit recently.

Just finished this:

eoxhSOx.jpg

An excellent read about a terrible tragedy and 2 families fight for justice.

Wanted to read the foundation series, but according to most i need to read some of the robot books first, so this

NMpoCxK.jpg

227987.jpg

Will start this soon, it arrived couple of days ago. (if you wonder why I ordered this. My second name is Kullervo -> so I had to buy this :D )

Ah, I forgot to add what I'd started next!
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
Good read so far (20%) :nod:

That didn't take me long at all, I think I finished it about a week and a half. After that, I started on the second part - Red Seas under Red Skies - and somehow left it at 20%. But now I'm back at it and blasting through that as well :)

%7B2FBBADBC-CD5B-4336-868B-2F556A958EA0%7DImg400.jpg

Killing yourself to live by Chuck Klosterman is not a book about dead rock stars. It's about how to be a (pop-culture obsessed) heterosexual male with heterosexual male theories about girls while meta-theorizing about how un-pc said theories are after all, only to fianally realize that each of your exes represents one of the original members of Kiss.

In other words, a must read.

23664710.jpg

Any good? I'm getting a bit tired of basically the same story, just with munitions change.

Any good? I'm getting a bit tired of basically the same story, just with munitions change.

More of the same pretty much. Well I'm halfway through so no final judgment just yet. I've been reading lots of military sci-fi lately so it's a nice change of pace for me.

That didn't take me long at all, I think I finished it about a week and a half. After that, I started on the second part - Red Seas under Red Skies - and somehow left it at 20%. But now I'm back at it and blasting through that as well :)

and done... next up: The Republic of Thieves