What Are You Reading?

51mVD470daL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

On now to Antony Beevor's books, I've wanted to read them for a long time. I'm starting with Stalingrad, then will read Ardennes and Berlin.

542389.jpg

Eastern front , best front.

I am currently reading this
9782717855142FS.gif

The author , Jean Lopez, wrote a serie of books about the eastern front : Koursk, Stalingrad, Op?ration bagration, Berlin.

If you are francophone reader , I couldn't not recommand highly enough those books .

Wanted to read the foundation series, but according to most i need to read some of the robot books first, so this

NMpoCxK.jpg

Having read both series, I'd probably just go by publication date. They eventually cross over, so I personally didn't understand the significance of some things the first time through.

Late reply, I know.

Having read both series, I'd probably just go by publication date. They eventually cross over, so I personally didn't understand the significance of some things the first time through.

Late reply, I know.

Yeah, i dont think it makes a big difference, but im enjoying i, robot anyway

Wanted to read the foundation series, but according to most i need to read some of the robot books first, so this

NMpoCxK.jpg

If you like those, I suggest reading The Complete Robot afterwards. It has all of Asimov's robot stories, and there are a bunch of good ones not included in I, Robot.

I just read Heart of Darkness. Having seen Apocalypse Now a few times, it was definitely interesting.

I've been listening to a lot of audiobooks lately, at work and while driving, since it's so easy. Went on a kick with a lot of these young adult books, like The Hunger Games, the Divergent series, the Maze Runner books, etc. They're engaging books, but I'm getting really annoyed with the depressing/tragic endings. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but books of this genre are all the same cookie cutter nonsense about awful things happening to young people, so a depressing ending is just too much. They need something to break up the monotony of misery. It's overdone and turning into a cliche. An actual happy ending seems like a rare thing in this genre. For the first time, I hope the movies don't stay true to the books. The screenplay writers could easily do better, I think.

Before I start a new series, I'm half tempted to look up spoilers just to see if the ending is going to be an unsatisfying disappointment, so I know if it's worth the emotional investment before I waste my time with it.

I did start a really good one that isn't complete yet, called The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I have high hopes of a decent ending to this series, since each book mirrors a famous fairy tale that usually has a "happily ever after" ending. I've really enjoyed this series so far and recommend it, if you're into these sorts of young adult novels and science fiction.

Oh, the Maze Runner series was just garbage. Avoid.

Just finished these two

WfrFVxo.jpg

i3zOqdl.jpg

Holy hell this was a good read, love Asimov's writing

Robots and Empire next.

Reactions: TC
I was on vacation for a week and got a ton of reading done.
Here's some pointers:

The Bone Clocks by David Mitchel

Really enjoyed that one. Good storytelling and great setting. Definitely had a Cloud Atlas feel.

Consider Phlebas by Ian M. Banks

Pretty imaginative SciFi, makes me want to read more Culture novels. Didn't like the last quarter or so, but still a good read.

Lightless by C A Higgins

Could tell it was written by a female right away. Had a little bit of an expanse type universe to it, but not believable. Still a good read.

Finally got around to picking this up and starting it having bought it over a year ago.

quotes-487x243.png

It's really good and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Just finished reading this:

518utyq5NHL.jpg

I can highly recommend it. I wish it would contain more details about the production and the show but it seems really honest and I like his writing style.

k2-_5f1b6cac-1de3-4576-9ea8-62841ac44e66.v1.jpg

The_Disaster_Artist.jpg

I started reading a book called :"The New Oklahoma, The Master Plan". It is about turning Oklahoma into a lake and fixing America in the process.

Did I mention it is free as an ebook through Amazon this weekend?

I made it in a few pages and the damn leash started ringing off the hook. Not like you have to pay for it though.

There is also a kick starter page that has a video with a decent example of the humor in the book from what I have seen.

Let's revive this one...

I just finished this awesome bio:
nofx-2.jpg

And I can heartily recommend it to anyone who has an interest in punk rock, 1980s pop culture, or cool stories by bands. It's written by the bandmembers themselves, and in such a way that at the end of the book you feel that you've made some new friends.