What Are You Reading?

well, my re-read of pullmann's dark materials didn't quite go as smoothly as i had planned... stuck at 35% of book two or something and have been for ages.
in between i've read tina fey's "bossypants", just now finished amy poehler's "yes please" and have done two or three (i don't quite remember) of bill brysons travelings... three, it's three... so there's still quite a few to go. very pleasant reading, albeit not very exciting. also started on neil patrick harris' autobiography, but i think the whole principle behind the thing (choose-your-own-autobiography kind of thing) will not work very well for me.
20170296.jpg

edit: anyone on here actually use goodreads? i have a few finalgearians on there, but i very rarely seem to see any activity / updates. maybe i'm not quite using it right :D

Last edited:
Had a look at Goodreads, but I find it annoying and tedious to add everything I once read and/or currently own (which I gave up very soon), and generally I don't see the point. Kind of abandoned it.

I just started reading "The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd", which is great so far. Occasionally I turn a page of "Empire Of Death" which is great if you are interested in charnel houses / ossuaries. The pictures are fabulous. It's never vulgar, but generally very nicely put together. When I'm on the toilet I'm reading "You Can Take The Cat Out Of Slough", which is the second book about the author's clumsy cat and so far it's better than the first, but so far I liked his most recent book "Death Destruction And A Packet Of Peanuts" (not cat related) best.

100299.jpg
DrPaul_Cover.jpg
the-murder-of-roger-ackroyd.jpg

Last edited:
yeah... it's a little annoying, having to do everything on goodreads manually. i only occasionally update my stuff on there, so for example today, i added 4 or 5 books as read i think. but still...
the evil americans using the right kind of kindle can actually update their stuff straight from there, which is kinda neat.

That would indeed be nice, but I don't really want an eReader. Well, Goodreads (as a concept) certainly isn't a bad idea, but I'll wait till it matured a bit.

Finished reading "The Returned" and started reading "The Godfather" yesterday. I already watched all the movies and loved all 3 of them (yes even the third one) so i decided i had to read the book sooner or later and here i am reading it now :)

It might be a highly awarded book series but I found Hyperion extremely hard to keep going with, after the first book I just sort of gave up, went back to reading Warhammer 40K now that ive read all the Discworld books

Never could get myself to read Terry Pratchett, despite having been given the Fifth Elephant once. Reminds me that I should read the Swarm some day, I have been given that YEARS ago and it's supposed to be really good, but never touched it. A surefire way of keeping me from reading something, is giving it to me as a gift.

Started Car Fever as toilet-read, knowing that someone here has already read notes from the hard shoulder and knew there wasn't much TG related in there. Not much TG related in Car Fever so far either, but I'm not disappointed either, because it's indeed fun, with very short (2-3 pages), toilet friendly chapters.

CarFever.jpg

Last edited:
Without Fail - Lee Child

This past year I have read all 19 Jack Reacher novels.

world war series by turtledove, it's kinda gross but enjoyable regardless

Dan Carlin has a great podcast series about WWI that reminded me how terribly gruesome that war was.