What are your top 3 Top Gear car reviews?

Oh!! I just had to add another one, just because it looked soooo much fun.

The Carver!!

I want one sooooooo much!!!

Solo reviews only:
Veyron VMax
Zonda S Roadster (lovely intro with the yacht, and I can't get over the tunnel bit)
LP670 (awesome sound, love the overhead shots and how the orange car goes with the desert scenery)

Much as I adore the AM V12 bit, I tend to think of it more as a Clarkson rant / send-off than a review.

Zonda S Roadster was a fav of mine too... loved the sounds, loved the color of the car... just awesome.

Another fav is the Alfa Romeo 8C 'Competitzione' review... maybe its more of the fact I have a boner for the car, but I thought the review was quite good. Jeremy's thoughts about the car were the same as mine, before I even saw the review. Doesn't handle well, but who cares... SatNav with tourettes, feels like a Mustang, very entertaining script.

Then the last I'd say is the Evo vs. green Lambo review... loved the music and the script. I'm not a huge Evo fan but that was a great review

I know i'm past 3 but I liked the Merc CLK AMG Black Edition review. I really connected with Jeremy's question of if you ever go out for a 4am in the morning drive, just to drive, which... I do. The review in whole just connected with my exact philosophy of cars and the joy of simply driving a fun car on a fun road.

Last edited:
Original Mk V Golf GTI review is still my favorite.
Ariel Atom
Veryon VMax

Still thinking about it.......

Porsche Careera GT is my absolute favorite "if you put in the effort, boy oh boy, you get the rewards" :D

I still have to think about the other two.

I know i'm past 3 but I liked the Merc CLK AMG Black Edition review. I really connected with Jeremy's question of if you ever go out for a 4am in the morning drive, just to drive, which... I do. The review in whole just connected with my exact philosophy of cars and the joy of simply driving a fun car on a fun road.

I felt the same way about that review. One of the all-time greats.

In no particular order:

Ford Fiesta
Carver
Focus ST
Spyker C8

(Before you say it, the Fiesta and Focus are both Fords so they count as one review :shifty: )

Reactions: MWF
1. M5 on the no.1 spot definitely... *my personal favorite car, so it's somewhat biased followed by R8, and the DBS but their reviews weren't as good*
2. Fiesta ... it was just epic...
3. Lambo LP560-4 ... and mocking Porsche GT2 *AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!*

My top 3, in no particular order:

-Fiat Panda (James is hilarious)
-BMW M5
-Vauxhall Signum (Donkeys)

Best multiple car reviews:

Isle of Man, each time they went there (M cars, roadsters, AMV8)
Jeremy offroading in Season 1
Best British Car

EDIT: James' first review is of course great as well. Every time I go near it it kicks me in the head and runs off with my wallet.

Last edited:
Nearly there.....

Oh!! I just had to add another one, just because it looked soooo much fun.

The Carver!!

I want one sooooooo much!!!
Darn, I forgot about that one. One of my favorites as well. Jeremy's story at the end was also great; they used to talk about the cars in the studio much more after the review and another presenter would give their quick take.

1. Koenigsegg CCX (More comfortable than what? Being stabbed?)
2. M5 and E63 in Manchester Airport (It's more powerful than Mexico!)
3. M5 vs XF (If you don't stick to a 155, I shall jolly well write to the Daily Telegraph about it.)