What car(s) do you hate ?

bone said:
Blind_Io said:
Redliner,

Do you hate all SUVs or the Pavement Queens that just get used as cars? I like my family Land Cruiser and the Jeep is fun (but it's a turd and I know it). I want an SUV myself but I plan to actually take it off road.

Just curious.

you're gonna take an SUV off road? :|

that's even more stupid that an SUV on road :lmao:

Wait... what? Buying a machine designed for off road use and then using it as a minivan is stupid, but how is buying a vehicle designed for a specific purpose and then using for that stupid? I'm confused by this :|

Granted most SUVs on the road are "Soft roaders" and don't have the wheels, clearance or suspension for offroad use. These are silly vehicles and I don't like them. However there are a few that are still built to take offroad driving. I have one picked out as soon as I get out of graduate school and I plan to use it for offroading, camping, skiing and other recreation. To me this makes more sense than buying an SUV and never taking it off pavement.

That includes the M5, the Flying Spur and the Quattroporte?

Regarding the Thing, I agree... it's a gay car, but you just want to hug it. I guess that makes me gay too...

There's one car in particular, that i've always really hated.. The Suzuki WagonR. Seriously.. They've ripped the tires from a toy car, put a box on top of them, and added a pathetic engine at the front. It's also the one car i would suggest to be the ugliest ever made... Really.. Hate it.. :/

I just got thinking...I hate the Honda Odessey. Perfect example of a car you don't want to buy but need to. Damn kids.

Blind_Io said:
bone said:
Blind_Io said:
Redliner,

Do you hate all SUVs or the Pavement Queens that just get used as cars? I like my family Land Cruiser and the Jeep is fun (but it's a turd and I know it). I want an SUV myself but I plan to actually take it off road.

Just curious.

Wait... what? Buying a machine designed for off road use and then using it as a minivan is stupid, but how is buying a vehicle designed for a specific purpose and then using for that stupid? I'm confused by this :|

Granted most SUVs on the road are "Soft roaders" and don't have the wheels, clearance or suspension for offroad use. These are silly vehicles and I don't like them. However there are a few that are still built to take offroad driving. I have one picked out as soon as I get out of graduate school and I plan to use it for offroading, camping, skiing and other recreation. To me this makes more sense than buying an SUV and never taking it off pavement.

Now I?m sleepy and I need to study for a Parasitology test tomorrow, but I promise I?ll elaborate on that. But on a short answer: I hate SUV?s because MOST people (not all) buy them because they wanna look big and menacing to others and speed over potholes and speedbumps. Oh, and nowadays Brazil has the most stupid trend o making "off-road versions" of pretty much any car. Fiesta Trail anyone? I?ll post pictures of those abortions tomorrow.

ChaoZ said:
Mild contempt for:
PT Cruiser - There, I've said it. Mainly for looking more special than it actually is.
:lol:
Just out of curiosity...
Have you driven the 2.4 turbo'ed with a standard 5 spd ?

ChaoZ said:
Chevy HHR - Ditto
Agreed :)
A copy of a Chrysler sales success five years too late with cheap plastic interior and NO power.

i live in california...there are SUVs everywhere :] even my mothers got a ML500. You can find them SUVs everywhere. They eat gas like CRASY. and yeh they are pretty big :]

Well you're biased and no offense, that car is as ugly as sin and it's American to boot... plus he said he only had a mild contempt for it.

Roman said:
ChaoZ said:
Mild contempt for:
PT Cruiser - There, I've said it. Mainly for looking more special than it actually is.
:lol:
Just out of curiosity...
Have you driven the 2.4 turbo'ed with a standard 5 spd ?

I hate American minivans.....with a passion. I'd love to just line a bunch of them up and have some target practice with a bazooka

http://img202.imageshack.**/img202/439/bazooka6ni.gifhttp://img84.imageshack.**/img84/5000/rcminivan7vf.gif

jeffy777 said:
I hate American minivans.....with a passion. I'd love to just line a bunch of them up and have some target practice with a bazooka

http://img202.imageshack.**/img202/439/bazooka6ni.gif
Yeah me too!

Most of the world didn't fall for the minivan craze just before the millenium. Most of the world got 7-seater 4X4's instead. Don't know if thats a good thing though....it is better than minivans.

Hey you quoted it before I added the little minivan similie :lol: Now if only that little thing actually blew up!!

I'm pretty sure there are more minivans than SUVS here in my area :thumbsdown: But the worst part is that they're mainly made by dodge and ford....yuk.

However, I would have to say I'd rather have a japanese minivan over an american SUV! My wife drives a Toyota Sienna and it is actually pretty nice for a..........ummm..........minivan.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
jeffy777 said:

http://img202.imageshack.**/img202/439/bazooka6ni.gif
Yeah me too!

Most of the world didn't fall for the minivan craze just before the millenium. Most of the world got 7-seater 4X4's instead. Don't know if thats a good thing though....it is better than minivans.

I'd much prefer minivans to 4x4's filling up our roads...

I should add I'm not a 4x4 hater, they have a purpose, but that purpose is not spending their entire lives in suburbia never leaving the bitumen.

I can only think of Chinese and Korean cars, except Hyundai Coupe.

Blind_Io said:
bone said:
Blind_Io said:
Redliner,

Just curious.

I don't know why people are bagging on SUV so much maybe it is the bind hatred toward American cars and most people equate SUVs with Americans, but I think one of the best cars as a whole on the road today is the Range Rover, I think those are absolutley awesome, luxury, great ride quality and it can wheel too. I love the old FJ40s, FJ60s, FJ62s, old Jeep Wagoners, and some International Harvester Scouts(especially when you drop a Chevy 289, 350, or any small block V8 in them), I just think these cars have so much character. For me character goes a long way and can save a car; for example the VW Vanagon, I love those things and I actually like the Kubelwagen for the same reasons.

I really don't have a car that I hate, I just think some cars are way to pretentious and ostentatious(I for one don't think the Ranger Rover falls under this category b/c I feel that it is elegant and has classic lines), and living in Orange County, Ca I guess I see it everyday and it gets to me.

Actually I do have cars I hate, fiberglass hotrods that are bought out of a catalog, and though they look like a 32 Ford or what have you, they were built today. These cars have absolutely no soul and I think are abominations.

Oh and people who try to supe their already luxury cars such as Range Rover, Ferrari, Aston, etc...disgust me(Brabus and Ruf are on the list of the very few exceptions, but both of them can be considered their own car manufacturer), my opinion why mess with perfection? All these people want is to get notice, as if those cars don't already draw attention, those people have massive inferiority complexes.

All the common cars. Astro's, Tauruses, Crown Vics, any Buick..

I fucking hate Crown Victorias too... because they're always cops. What civilian is buying a Crown Vic anyway? I loathe them...

Shawn_230 said:
I fucking hate Crown Victorias too... because they're always cops. What civilian is buying a Crown Vic anyway? I loathe them...
They make the perfect sleeper. Get one in black, tint the windows, add 15" steelies, and watch the left lane open up as you blow by at 90. No questions asked. :twisted:

You can't even buy them for personal use in Canada anymore...

BlaRo said:
Shawn_230 said:
They make the perfect sleeper. Get one in black, tint the windows, add 15" steelies, and watch the left lane open up as you blow by at 90. No questions asked. :twisted:

:think: :burnrubber: :thumbup:

And it's not illegal to put "dial 911 for emergency" on your car, is it?

Yes, I'm a cop car, that's right. :twisted: