What car(s) do you hate ?

Blind_Io said:
This pretty much covers what I hate.

Hummerh2.JPG

car2.gif
car.gif

379261681GsjcHS_ph.jpg

And all the $500 Hoopties around my town with $10,000 wheels.

so why do you have that kind of stuff in your sig?

Umm, I don't have a sig on this forum - or an avatar.

Next time you see a lowrider in my sig, shoot it. Then come ask me if I put it there - if I say yes, shoot me too.

Carsightings said:
could have been a bug on the forum or it could have been a bug on my explorer.

A patch for IE is available HERE

Now that we've gotten rid of our SUV, I hate them. Why? Because the obnoxious cell-phone yakking, tailgating, lane-meandering, latte-chugging, New England driver stereotype is true!

And Toyota hasn't produced a decently interesting car since they killed off the Celica and MR2, and since there's one every 5 inches, I can't stand them.

Anything else...

BMW 6-Series: it's an ugly whale, the old one was faaarrrr cooler, and the people who drive them are usually the arrogant yuppie stereotypes. (Moreso the 6 than other BMWs.)
Chevy Impalas and Malibus: rentals from day one. To those who actually paid money to own one, I ask, "WHY?!"
The entire Lincoln division: for killing off the LS, redesigning the Navigator to look like a robotic spitoon, and giving us the Mark LT, the lamest excuse for anything since ever.
Everything Blind_Io posted: for obvious reasons.

:evil:

Bugatti Veyron (I don't care if you think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can put lipstick and 4 turbochargers on a soulless turd, and it'll still be a soulless turd.)

Honda Civic (Why people turbocharge and "soup up" POS disposable economy cars is beyond me. And don't even get me started on ricers.)

Boring Toyotas (ZZzzzz....)

Nissan Cube (Bletch.)

Pontiac Aztek (Bletch, hurl.)

No Boss said:
fbc said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Veyron is the Toyota Camry of supercars.

I have no idea what you mean by that. When I think of a camry I think of a cheap, common, and bland car. The Veyron....is none of these things.

When I think of a Camry I think of a fridge on wheels, a car that while being very efficient at what it does, it totally lacking in any soul or passion. And that's what a Veyron is. And it's most definitely not what a supercar should be.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Bugatti Veyron (I don't care if you think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can put lipstick and 4 turbochargers on a soulless turd, and it'll still be a soulless turd.)

Yay! I'm not alone :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat,

I disagree with you on the Honda civic. Sure, I hate it when they get "riced out" in rediculous modifications but under all that is a solid economy car.

I drive a 2004 Civic, and believe me it was not my first choice. I moved from Salt Lake City to the Bay Area of Californa to go to graduate school and I needed a reliable car. I ended up with a Civic "Value Package" coupe - not quite bare bones, but almost.

Sure they are everywhere and have no soul, but for a reliable well-built car that will run for years without problems you can do no better. It's comfortable, sporty enough to be fun to drive (with the 5 speed of course) without breaking the bank on fuel or repair costs.

Soulless? yup
Generic? yup
Prone to stupid modifications? yeah

But as basic transportation it's one of the best - even for a guy who's 6'4" and over 200 lb, it's still comfortable and spacious with a better interrior and construction than it's American counterparts.

I'm not going to change your mind, and that's ok. This is not the car I see myself driving given a choice, but I have to respect it for what it is.

As for the Veyron: I admire the engineering that went into that car, but it does not speak to me the same way Aston Martin or Ferrari does.

"New cars, they all look like electric shavers to me" - Sin City

Nothing wrong with a Civic for getting from Point A to Point B, that's exactly what they're designed for!

What gets me is the people who slap a turbo on their D15 SOHC and think "OMG, I haf t3h SP0RTZ CAR!" and go out street racing against V6 Mustangs.

I mean, if you're going to spend $2000 to get your torqueless wonder to a whopping 210 HP, why not just get a better car to start with? Maybe one that's at least mildly sporty?

Yay! I'm not alone

^you aren t alone, I hate the veyron, is a car just to proof how power full VW group is, but they are losing a huge amount of money to get it built. and it isn?t elegant as a bugatti should be..... it just has the grill like an old bugatti...... it seen like a huge TT.... I hate it... and is passionless...

Also I hate all Renaults

Merc CLS... why on earth a coupe has 4 doors??... no way... it is a saloon / sedan car! and now everyone want to lauch it?s 4 door "coupe" (however beutifull car, nice interior but it isn?t a coupe)

I think the H2 is the culmination of all the SUV's negative points for me. :no:

I must admit being a little surprised NOT to have seen a certain little retro wagon named so far. :blink:
I guess it doesn't rub you the wrong way as much as I thought it did. :unsure:

[puts on flame suit] :lol:

Roman said:

I must admit being a little surprised NOT to have seen a certain little retro wagon named so far. :blink:

Well, now that you mention it :twisted: No, as ugly as said retro wagon is, it's not a car I hate.

I do, however, hate all Bangle BMW's, all Honda's with an exhaust I could fist, all Ssssssssssangyong's and pretty much any Thai/Malaysian/Korean car.

Roman said:

Nah. PT Cruisers are awesome. Especially the Turbo's. :thumbsup:

Roman said:

Face it, Roman - your car is fine! Personally, I wouldn't consider buying one, but the fact that you even see them in Germany rather regularly honours it above all American cars that were available here before - because you could see none of them on a regular basis before :)

(My best friend's parents own a PT Cruiser as well - I was quite impressed when I drove it - only thing I found a little bit disappointing was the interior which doesn't really live up to its outer looks - and anyway, how could someone actually HATE that cute little wagon? ;) )

Yeah, Roman. The PT Cruiser is a fine car, don't listen to what other people say :)

Cars I hate are Korean and Malaysian cars in general, and the Hyundai Atos in particular. God, it's rubbish in each and every aspect.

Argentinean said:

Yay! I'm not alone

^you aren t alone, I hate the veyron, is a car just to proof how power full VW group is, but they are losing a huge amount of money to get it built. and it isn?t elegant as a bugatti should be..... it just has the grill like an old bugatti...... it seen like a huge TT.... I hate it... and is passionless...

I don't like the bugatti for soul or anything, but what i will give it respect for is as far as engineering goes, its pretty impressive. I think its goofy looking, but i still wouldnt turn down the chance to go for a boot in it!

If i had a whack load of cash to blow on a car id buy a db9 and a f40 and whatever else i could get with some change first

Anything with a VW badge, still don't understand why JC actually thinks those brazilian/mexican built POS's are good.
Anything thats a rebadged VW is also on the list.
Chrysler products*, they never die, but they'll never run right. Also see comment above about VW.

edit: Oh and Porsche's. The more expensive the car, the bigger the poser. While not always the case, more often than not, a perfectly cool person will buy a Porch :D and turn into a dill-hole. That and the engine over the rear axle needs to DIAF.

On a side note I'd damn myself to a K-car (omni/shadow/daytona) only because they are so damn cheap, and with mixing and matching parts you can have a hell of a fun car when it's running correctly.

thedguy said:
Anything with a VW badge, still don't understand why JC actually thinks those brazilian/mexican built POS's are good.

What about the actual German ones? like the new GTis, Pheaton, or Touregs?

thedguy said:
On a side note I'd damn myself to a K-car (omni/shadow/daytona) only because they are so damn cheap, and with mixing and matching parts you can have a hell of a fun car when it's running correctly.

Ohhh....that explains it :lol: . Alright then, carry on.