What do you guys think of Top Gear USA currently?

What do you guys think of Top Gear USA currently?

• Yes

Votes: 82 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Maybe if it improved.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Haven't watched it yet.

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
If you have to compare The BBC Version and the American Version this season and I have to go for the American version.
Not sure what is happening to the BBC Version but it is losing some of its' luster. The US version is getting better all the time.
The segment with Tanner racing himself in the Sting Ray was phenomenal.

So am I to take it that you stopped watching TGUK after the first time Jeremy powerslid around the track shouting "POOOOOOWWWER!!"?. I mean, once you've watched that once you're watched them all.

:lol:

Unfortunately, I have to spread more powerslides around; otherwise, y'know. ;)

I'm watching TGUS regularly immediately when it's available on trackers and, sure, I noticed significant amount of improvement from previous seasons but those 3 presenters have lousy jokes and there is no spontaneous chemistry between then like TGUK presenters have. Rutlege is most of the time so pathetic and antipathic to me that I'd like to shoot him.

And they should reeeeally add some variety and creativity in their challenges and episode concepts. It's always 3 cars (even bikes, lol) going somewhere nowhere and similar challenges.

Other than that, TGUS is okay to spend 40 or so mins.

TGUS is really coming along. I'd easily put it on par with TGUK seasons 6-7.

There's a bit much rehashing of some of the UK bits, still, for my taste, and I'd like to see the stupid instant recap bumps coming out of commercial breaks go away, but other than that it's pretty good. They made a smart decision to dump the star segment-- the time slot wasn't big enough for it.

Content wise its really great, but I still cant stand their presenters, Rutlege being the worst.

Currently I actually like both the American Version and the UK version the same. I love the guys from the UK version more but I also like the US guys and the way they do the show for the US version as well where they just focus on the challenges and what cars they use for the challenges which is the way I wish the UK version would be as well.

TGUSA did do car reviews in the first season. They scrapped it in favour of the challenges because they were more popular. And besides that, IMO, the reviews weren't really necessary. If someone in the US wants to see/read a car review, there are plenty of other places to look.

I think this is one of the main differences between the two shows. TGUK can do (mostly) what they want, they're not as concerned with "ratings" and what the public wants to see as TGUSA needs to be. I haven't seen a lot of the TGUSA eps but I have mostly enjoyed them...but the challenges were always one of my favourite segments from TGUK, so that could be why.

I'm enjoying TGUS, but is it wrong to ask for episodes that are not challenges?
They found that the challenge episodes gained the most audience and switched up the format to cater to that. Top Gear US is now a series of challenges, maybe a special here or there. They'll toss in a car review as a "winner's incentive" at the end of a few of them.

I would describe TG USA as different but still good. Granted, TG UK is much better. The hosts haven't worked together for twenty years to develop a deep love-hate relationship. I'd like to see Adam replaced by someone less college-frat boy and more of a believable car guy. He just seems like the ignorant one of the group.

I would describe TG USA as different but still good. Granted, TG UK is much better. The hosts haven't worked together for twenty years to develop a deep love-hate relationship. I'd like to see Adam replaced by someone less college-frat boy and more of a believable car guy. He just seems like the ignorant one of the group.

Adam? Really? Adam might be the best presenter. He's a stand up comedian so he doesn't look forced. Granted, he gets ridiculed because he picks old-man cars, but he IS an "old man" (60's) compared to the others.

Rut is kinda annoying - I'm unclear where he stands on the spectrum compared to Adam, who will always pick old-man cars, and Tanner, who will get the fastest/most driftable car.

But I agree with others who say that Tanner drives the reward too much. However, he actually pushes the car to its limits rather than Rut, who babies the car way too much ("granny driving").

Honestly, I think as of last season the TGUS presenters have that sense of genuine camaraderie that the TGUK presenters have. 05x06 was right up there with the best of TGUK, IMO, because of that and having just watched 05x07 (thanks to an iTunes Season Pass goof), I'm pleased to say it carries on.

My favorite part of Top Gear in any form is the challenges and I really feel that TGUSA's challenges are more spontaneous whereas TGUK seems the past few seasons to make a very conscious effort to choreograph how they play out.

TGUK certainly provides the richer overall viewing experience thanks to SIARPC, The News, Car Reviews and In-Studio bits, but I very much enjoy the formula TGUSA has settled into and continue to I will continue to watch and own it.