What exotic driving locations should Top Gear film at?

Mr. Nice

What places do you know of with epic imagery, that you would like to see on Top Gear, have similarly epic roads?

For lack of anything better at the moment, my first suggestion will be US 129 The Tail of the Dragon http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html A road I've admittedly never been on, but something that, with 318 turns winding through the forest, looks absolutely amazing. A road that I have been on in TN, that was fun with great scenery, was US 64/US 74, west of Ducktown TN.

I'd like to offer something that's not in the USA, but I haven't traveled extensively enough to be able to do that.

What places have you heard of, or do you know of, that everyone would enjoy seeing on the show?

Dubai is pretty awesome to behold.

I wouldn't get your hope up guys. Like everyone else doing pretty much anything they've just had their budgets cut. I reckon we will be seeing quite a bit more of Pendine Sands, the Yorkshire Moors and so on rather than Bonneville, the Col de Torini and the Stelvio Pass.

Jeremy mentioned recently that they would be going to Chili for the next series. That's going to be awesome. It's one of the most beautiful countires I have ever visited. And they have nice wine, which should please James. ;)

In line with the budget cut, I quite would like to see a return to the Isle of Man. It's been too long. :)

Yeah I agree. They were fun on the Pendine Sands and IOM. Or maybe they should find another place altogether.

California highway 1 baby, twisty coastline roads for hundreds of miles.

Not very empty though.

belgium? i live in belgium as wel, but please no! Florida, Miami or so, would be great!

Jeremy mentioned recently that they would be going to Chili for the next series. That's going to be awesome. It's one of the most beautiful countires I have ever visited. And they have nice wine, which should please James. ;)

In line with the budget cut, I quite would like to see a return to the Isle of Man. It's been too long. :)

Chile would be great! But I'd like to see them go the full Pan-American highway ... longest road in the world.

As a budget edition, they could drive around East Kent. I used to live there and all the road signs on the country lanes were moved around during world war II (to fool the Germans, had they invaded) and many haven't been truned back to the correct locations still .... I'm sure they could have some fun with that. :)

As a budget edition, they could drive around East Kent. I used to live there and all the road signs on the country lanes were moved around during world war II (to fool the Germans, had they invaded) and many haven't been truned back to the correct locations still .... I'm sure they could have some fun with that. :)

They can't do that to James. He'll be lost forever. :(

Trollstigen in norway would be a great location.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jDFn-kvlF0[/YOUTUBE]

I reckon we will be seeing quite a bit more of Pendine Sands, the Yorkshire Moors and so on rather than Bonneville, the Col de Torini and the Stelvio Pass.

They were fun on the Pendine Sands and IOM.

I wanted to know more about the Pendine Sands and all knowing wiki told me that all vehicles have been banned from using the beach. Health and safety!

Madeira. They should drive small, nible sportscars tho.

Trollstigen in norway would be a great location.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jDFn-kvlF0[/YOUTUBE]

Wow! That looks amazing!

As for Pendine Sands, I think I read somewhere that driving on the beach isn't allowed anymore. I may be mistaken though. I don't expect Top Gear to be very interested in the roads that I posted about, I just wanted to get this thread started in the right direction.

As far as Chile goes, I have a thread about that here http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear-spoilers/top-gear-in-chile-32463/

Melbourne to Adelaide to Darwin to Port Hedland. If the survive that, it would be amazing. It would be about 4000kms.

I second anything in Australia. Driving though the guts of this country on the dusty roads and stinking heat would do them good :lol:

I'd love to see Rich and Jez filming a segment while they are over here in Feb.

And I agree too that they should do something here in Australia. Apart from South America and Antartica, it's the other only continent they haven't done anything on.