What Has Been Your Happiest Moment So Far?

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
For me it was only just last summer. Flying to Germany by myself, driving to a small town and meeting a bunch of people from the internet. The next after that was getting to drive on the Nürburgring.

This was spurred on from a post on imgur.com. I really haven't had many truly happy moments that have left a lasting impression. Sure, I've had some nice times but nothing has really sparked the "OH MY GOD, THIS IS AWESOME, HOLY SHIT!"

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
03 Ford Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S
Husky sledding in Kittilä, in 2014. The whole experience was "HOLY SHIT! I can't believe I'm actually DOING this!!"

There have been plenty of similar moments in my travels, both solo and with other FG people.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Infiniti M30 - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Great subject, Chris.

Now, I have been married, that was a very happy moment. Had a son, that was also a very happy moment. But, I swear, when you are out on a bicycle, in the woods, by yourself and you are just cranking along, you get a huge smile on your face that you can't just shake for a couple hours.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
Well, apart from and indeed surpassing the usual (first love etc.), two things come to mind. I'm cheating and listing both, because they were very different kinds of awesome experiences.
Chronological order, because the first one was overriden by the later one. :D
  1. When I, together with three friends (and another student), passed the practical exam for the SKS certificate, allowing us to be skipper on a sailing yacht and take it out into coastal waters. We had practiced for a week, the exam itself was very tense, and when all the pressure finally fell off, we were all very happy. The celebratory dinner that evening was a remarkably fun evening.
  2. On last year's FG roadtrip through the Balkans, I had my very own special stage catching up to the group due to having made a detour to visit relatives. Two hours of motorcycle riding along the Croation coast and up into the hills, in the dark, on nearly empty and very curvy roads. That were easily the best two hours of my live. I've probably never been so focussed, excited, and in complete disregard of any rationality at the same time. I remember that I needed an hour or so of cooling down at the campsite to bring my adrenaline level back to normal.