What is CCRBBD.exe?

Dark_Templer_102

Car(s)
Subaru Legacy GT
Recently my Windows firewall asked me to block this program, but I can't find any information on it....or what it even is.

I scanned my computer with NOD32, but nothing came up (and its up to date..)

So far I just know its in the Prefetch section of C:/WINDOWS/

and it starts up when my computer boots up (part of the list when I did msconfig)

I've also noticed my network utilization will go to a constant 3% usage and drop down, but if I try to use firefox the websites load.....reallly slowly (I don't have any downloads going at all, it just sometimes spikes... Apparently its bytes being sent. However, if i go to my laptop on wireless the internet seems to be fast all the time (this could be completely unrelated too...)

Also noticed, when I start downloads, i'm only using a small 1%, but once that 3% spike hits, it sends all my downloads to 0 kb/s

Last edited:
sounds sketchy... you should block it off from your startup folder.

I did...

But my computser is still pissing me off. It will send ludicrous amounts of packets and not let any information through. I've checked all the processes and all the programs seem legit, but I stil can't figure out whats going on.

When was your last format?

that file sounds sketchy....

I think its time for a fresh install.

I'm about to format my pc soon as well.

Agreed. Better safe than sorry.

Backup and format. :)

Google is usually pretty good about telling you, but this didn't even return any hits from the googles...

format.

It's probably a random filename EXE, or something...

Still weird, nobody else has it... I googled it, too...

Dunno, some sort of malware/trojan that chooses a random name? Which date has it been created? Check if you can find that out and see what you did that day...

Well as of now, my internet seems fine, but I'll have to reformat later this week, I don't have the time now, just getting ready to move all my stuff over..

I can't find a ccrbbd.exe except in the prefatch folder section. According to Windows Firewall, there is also one in system32, but I can't find it and I have hidden folders turned on. It did start up anyways acoording to taskmanager -_-....

I got a hit - have you got Japanese font/Kanji/Katakama or something like that on you machine? Have you been near a Princeton server?

www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/fall00/cs426/lectures/raster/raster.ps.gz -

Er, I would not click that if I were you. However may all be a red herring.

I've got Japanese support on my computer, searched for CCRBBD on the Windows folder and found nothing.

Well from what I can gather it may have something to do with the display of Japanese characters on a western keyboard based system, seems to be connected to that Princeton university link above.

EDIT/Think I have gone up a blind alley - sorry. Got on to Princeton and got a presentation about raster images by some student circa 2000. Oh well.

Last edited:
That is awesome.

Not. I haven't reformatted the comp yet, I've just been using the computer with out the internet connected or I just use it sparingly (I just baiscally use the macbook pro most of the time) Just readying the format...