What is the point of a 2 door SUV?

I have nothing to add to this thread, except that I have owned 3 SUV's and they have all been 2doors. I liked them. That is all.

New random question: why the hell don't they make stuff like the Jimmy anymore? 2 door off-road capable convertible/truck/whatever , it was brilliant!

They still do.

06024wd_13z+2007_Jeep_Wrangler_Rubicon+Over_Head_Front_Drivers_Side_View_No_Roof.jpg

06044wd_z+2007_Jeep_Wrangler_Unlimited+Over_Head_Front_Drivers_Side_View_No_Roof.jpg

Last edited:
and you know that most people are buying those just for this scenario, and that is what I call retarded.

No, that's you're projecting what you think the majority are doing. But until you have real proof, you're jsut an audi cock trying to act superior.

Seriously, you don't NEED any more than a $500 used Mk 1 Golf to get back and forth to work or run errands with. Anything more than that and you're just "wasting" your money buying something excessive simply because you want it. Most of us do, which is why we are car enthusiasts. But quit saying YOUR line in the sand as to buying what YOU want is in any way, shape, or form superior to someone else's line about what THEY want. It's hypocritical and absolutely stupid. Makes you look like more of a jackass than those you are berating.

Reactions: TC
Because car enthusiasts hardly pad profit margins.

If car enthusiasts all had their way, we'd be in BMW M5 turbodiesel wagons, with 5-speed column shifters, bench seats, and vinyl roofs, but they'd all be used. (And I'd get one.)

Do real people actually demand column shifters? Because from the one manual with a column shifter I've driven, they're balls.

No, that's you're projecting what you think the majority are doing. But until you have real proof, you're jsut an audi cock trying to act superior.

Leave us Audi cocks alone you BMW person!!! :p

I have been in an Escalade before, it is one of the smoothest riding cars that I ever been in. Also with NYC roads the way they are I want a HUMVEE just so that I don't have to keep buying rims...

Last edited:
Also with NYC roads the way they are I want a HUMVEE just so that I don't have to keep buying rims...

Normally people who buy fuckoff-big SUVs do it precisely so they can buy new rims. Way to be the exception :p.

I think these Datsuns disagree with you, back when the Patrol was a badass, not the escaldified one of today:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/01/20/3637891855_35528ea643.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/01/20/offroad_9a.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/01/20/4185527529_5d31733032.jpg
yes this is a 4dr, shoo

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/01/20/3194115875_8330560a87_o.jpg

more here http://www.flickriver.com/photos/korona-pl/tags/offroad/

Last edited:
Get steelies with a lower diameter and higher-profile tyres? More rubber and air to protect the wheel.

Why would I want shitty looking rims on my car?
Normally people who buy fuckoff-big SUVs do it precisely so they can buy new rims. Way to be the exception
LOL
I think these Datsuns disagree with you, back when the Patrol was a badass, not the escaldified one of today:
See you knock the Escalade but you have to understand the context. Escalades got popularized by rappers who need something with "bling", enough sitting capacity for their "crew", something that would intimidate regular humans and enough cargo space for all their "guns" and "drugs". If you look at it this way Escalade is a highly utilitarian vehicle.

Also please keep in mind that in the hip-hop culture the size of your rimz is directly proportional to the size of your cheddar. It's very easy to put 22s on a 'Lade but its much harder to do it on a regular car (unless you are from the south in which case you drive this and think you are bad ass).
33065990005_large.jpg

Do real people actually demand column shifters? Because from the one manual with a column shifter I've driven, they're balls.

Column shifters fall into that same cheesy category as vinyl roofs, wire wheels, landau bars, and brown cars: they're remnants of a more hilarious era where these things were taken seriously, and their mere existence reaffirms the need for automotive irony that we try not to explain outright.

Also, reading forum members trying to explain hip-hop culture is akin to listening to NPR talk about Biggie Smalls.

Column shifters fall into that same cheesy category as vinyl roofs, wire wheels, landau bars, and brown cars: they're remnants of a more hilarious era where these things were taken seriously, and their mere existence reaffirms the need for automotive irony that we try not to explain outright.

I have to disagree with you there. As the owner of a vehicle with a column shifter, it is a purely functional thing as without it, I would not be able to seat six in my truck. Landau shit and wire wheels on lincolns are a whole different category.

Also, reading forum members trying to explain hip-hop culture is akin to listening to NPR talk about Biggie Smalls.

See, the three in the tree just makes me think of my granddad's tricky ass Rambler.

The rest make a kind of sense though.

Last edited:
New random question: why the hell don't they make stuff like the Jimmy anymore? 2 door off-road capable convertible/truck/whatever , it was brilliant!
Because those trucks were built to work and we've become a nation of overweight middle managers who would rather have a crossover with a car like ride, leather seats and 7 cupholders.

... they're remnants of a more hilarious era where these things were taken seriously, and their mere existence reaffirms the need for automotive irony that we try not to explain outright.
Automotive hipsterism?

The point?!

Easy, some of us have no kids.:D

But also, why get 4 doors? When I was driving my dad's Jeep Cherokee 4 door, I NEVER used the the back doors, only the trunk. So really, anyone who's single but likes the short wheelbase which gives it better off-road capabilities. If you look at any real off road vehicle(who takes their range rover off road?) it's two doors.

Honestly, why do we have 4 door small suv's like the Ford Escape and umm(what other small suv's are on the market anymore??)

And lots of us don't want a car because we like sitting higher up, and going off road on the odd occasion.

That's like asking why pickup trucks have two door.

Once a pickup has 4 real doors(not extended cab) in my mind, it's considered a fully size SUV

But also, why get 4 doors? When I was driving my dad's Jeep Cherokee 4 door, I NEVER used the the back doors, only the trunk. So really, anyone who's single but likes the short wheelbase which gives it better off-road capabilities. If you look at any real off road vehicle(who takes their range rover off road?) it's two doors.

The Range Rover has always been one of the most capable off road SUVs out there two doors or not.

Even Jeep owners acknowledge this:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/land-rover-discovery-vs-jeep-cherokee-760197/

Last edited: