What is your favourite WRC rally car

What is your favourite WRC rally car

• Total voters

T'booTed

Car(s)
'82 ur quattro, '93 honda prelude, '88 commadore w
haha they wern't allowed to, too much variation from the road car, VAG said no way...

the thin i don't get, is that every group S car i have ever heard off (audi, lancia ecv, toyota MR2, peugeot 405 etc) they have all had a bazzillion HP, but the group S reg mandate that they are to be restricted to 300HP...

the article that i read that interviewed wealter and roland gumpert, seems like they did 1 test with the car that looked like teh sport quattro, but that the group s car was never tested properly... but its all so confusing, i got no real idea...

Necx0

Car(s)
R31 Skyline, Charade rally car
Alright reading straight from Walters mouth (sort of haha). The prototype you found a picture of (not the museum car). That was a photograph from a journalist that snapped the car on the first day of a test. Those photos got published and Audi immediately abandoned testing of the car.

Walter still wanted to drive it though, so got a secret test in it and apparently it was awesome. So he drove the prototype and eventually those mechanicals would have gone into the Group S bodyshell I guess.

With Group S I always imagined we would have things like the Pikes Peak 205/405, the Millen Celica and Monster Escudo Suzuki's. Which would be an insane spectacle, but way too fast for the twisty ever changing WRC stages.

yoshi_

Car(s)
'07 Focus Zetec
Focus for sure. I'm a bit biased though, since I own one and I would vote for the model just to keep the resale value high... I hope it will rub off onto the road models :)

Before I bought mine, I read that a lot of people find it ugly, but I think it looks mean, and even more so with the WRC kit, red hot exhaust and spot lights!