What manufacturers refuse to give Top Gear their cars to review?

PWooster

I think it's safe to say Tesla will never offer another vehicle to them to test. I remember them saying Dodge wouldn't give them a Challenger. Let's face it, they can be quite horrid if they don't like a car. Who else has cut them off?

Herp derp.

There's a really obvious one here... cmon.... have you got it yet? No?

Fucking Morris duhhhhhhhh

Herp derp.

There's a really obvious one here... cmon.... have you got it yet? No?

Fucking Morris duhhhhhhhh

The Morris people are a crafty lot. They went out of business during the 80s so Clarkson wouldn't bad mouth them in the 2000s. :p

Reactions: MWF
And Rover, hence James May's undercover road test of the CityRubbish. They won't have to tell them no again, that's for sure.

Bristol won't let Clarkson test their cars. I think this has been mentioned a couple of times on the show. No loss, given they hardly even exist (20 cars built per year, recently bankrupt and bought by some swiss company).

Bentley, good one. I hated the fake Mulsanne "joke" in that episode. Couldn't they have chosen another luxury car to take? They could have said how much better than the Mulsanne it was throughout the episode. That actually would have been funny.

Bentley, good one. I hated the fake Mulsanne "joke" in that episode. Couldn't they have chosen another luxury car to take? They could have said how much better than the Mulsanne it was throughout the episode. That actually would have been funny.

It was very TopGear to replace a car they couldn't get with something ridiculous, such as a bucket of horse manure.

I heard toyota won't because jeremy clarkson called the corolla 'dull'

The Aygo and Hilux would like to have some words with you.

Malaysian/Korean car makers should refuse or is it the other way around...

It was very TopGear to replace a car they couldn't get with something ridiculous, such as a bucket of horse manure.

Yeah, but for example the only car I was interested from that bunch was the new Bentley, not a rebodied 7-series and the S class. Pretty disappointing stuff to do for a couple of bad cheap shots.

TG often source cars that are not from the manufactuer. They then stick on fake number plates or plates from other cars for the filming.

That's what one of the producers told me on the day when we met Clarkson for filming at Dunsfold - and the cars that day were exactly that. So would it matter - they'd get the car they want anyway.

Yeah, but for example the only car I was interested from that bunch was the new Bentley, not a rebodied 7-series and the S class. Pretty disappointing stuff to do for a couple of bad cheap shots.

You can't please everybody.

I thought it was hilarious.

i heard chrysler/dodge wouldn't give their car on top gear

You're referring to the Challenger (12x02), obviously. (They just bought one for Richard to drive anyway, then sold it after the episode aired in the UK. :)) But Chrysler/Dodge did let them have the 300C (5x01) and the Viper SRT-10 (5x03). Plus, Chrysler owns Mercedes, and that's been featured on the show a LOT.

You're referring to the Challenger (12x02), obviously. (They just bought one for Richard to drive anyway, then sold it after the episode aired in the UK. :)) But Chrysler/Dodge did let them have the 300C (5x01) and the Viper SRT-10 (5x03). Plus, Chrysler owns Mercedes, and that's been featured on the show a LOT.

Ummm no it was the other way around and not any more.