What're your pet peeves?

Wow! Everyone hates everything, I guess I should throw my little list in:

- People who look down at you for working on your own car and for using the good brands as opposed to the cheap-o stuff. (Like EBC brakes instead of No-Name brakes)
- People who can't use grammar correctly (especially words like "we're" and "were" and "your" and "you're"). It annoys the hell out of me and makes me read the entire paragraph over again in an attempt to fathom a guess at their meaning through the context of their drivvel.
- The word "like" when not used as a precursor to a simile; in other words, "Valley Girl Speak".
- White, middle class teens who speak as if their "all gangsta" and call everyone "my nigga". My step-brother started doing that, I really want to knock some sense into him...
- Pedestrians around colleges who waltz straight out into the street without a care for the cars.
- People who are generally inconsiderate of others.
- People who yell at their dog for no reason.

That's all I can think of right now. More will come to me, I'm sure of it. :p

Girls that call EVERYONE honey, cutie, darling ect.

People who fail to signal - pet hate of most people here I see
People who drive below posted speed limits
Speed cameras - revenue raising ****ers
People who park in disabled spaces without a permit - I mean, how ignorent and selfcentered are some poeple
People who park their petrol cars in front of diesel pumps at the servo when the petrol pumps are free
Tailgaters, up hills is the worst. Despite being turbocharged, the lux can only go so fast up a hill, so I drop back a few cogs, plant the foot and hope their aircons on fresh air
The Australian Government
The Qld Government
Insurance companies who won't insure turbo diesels because im under 25. Its a ****ing diesel for godsake
People who talk way too loud on their mobile phones in public
The Toyota spare parts network

Im sure there's more, but its late and im tired.

Greenpeace

For some reasons like being a vegetarian, saving whales all day long and targeting automobiles for pollution is totally not acceptable for realistic non-dreamers. It's not cool to have your mind full of green-ness until you don't have a life. These people overdo earth-saving. <_<

When all the notes in the till at work aren't all facing the same way, the right way up. The new style ?20 notes also have to be together in front of the old style ones or I get annoyed.
Other than that it's just normal stuff. I don't know why I have OCD just about cash register drawers.

Having done a few night shifts at work lately, traffic lights are annoying. Especially when there's nobody on the road and the light is still red. Worse is when you're crusing on the motorway at 80kph coming up to an intersection and then up ahead another car pulls up on the other road, forcing the lights to change to red and making me stop. Far more efficient me thinks to simply turn the things off between say, 11pm and 6am...

Wellsie said:
People who park in disabled spaces without a permit - I mean, how ignorent and selfcentered are some poeple

Err....did that yesterday actually. The whole carpark was full because the nearby school was finishing and all the parents had come to pick their kids up, clogging the carpark of the local deli. I just wanted a damn Iced Coffee FFS, so hell with it, I went and parked in the disabled park. Was only two minutes anyway. It raises an issue though, if the whole carpark is completely full, why shouldn't you be allowed to park there? A disabled park should be treated as fair game if all the other parks are full. It's just a thought, feel free to oppose it.

Similar situation with the computer pools at my uni. There's one in each room dedicated soley for the use of a disabled person. I really can't see the point, they should be forced to wait in line with the rest of us. Its not as if they need ease of access or anything like that really, and we have assignments to complete and print too, you know. That's another peeve, people who sit on the computers and read their Myspace, facebook, eBay, or otherwise wasting time and resources when I'm desperate to print my assignment that's due in five minutes. The computer pools should be for uni work only. If you want to look up social websites, go to the friggin cafe machines.

Last edited:
I don't know, bu last time i checked humans only had eyes in the front of their heads :p

I'm talking about the people that are walking slow, talking to all 4 of their friends while walking, taking a second to glance back at the person walking very closely behind them on an otherwise empty sidewalk, and not getting out of the way, but instead pretending like you're not even there.

I honestly don't wait for people to notice me walking behind them, I usually clear my throat whenever I'm behind people like that, or say "excuse me" or "pardon me", so that they know I'm there. For starters why should I really have to do that in the first place? Do they honestly think that they're the only ones using the sidewalk and that they're already going faster than everyone else? And why do some of those assholes, after you attracted their attention, still continue like nothing happened?

- Students who clog the hallways to chat, leaving only enough room for one person at a time to squeeze through. People have places to go, is it too much to ask that you leave some more room?
- Students who clog the hallways to make out.
- A particular student who, upon seeing the above, lets out a piercing
"MMMAAAAAACKIN'!!!"
I swear, one of these days, he's going to blow out the eardrums of everyone in the building. He is known for being quite annoying, in a somewhat likable way, but still, broadcasting a spit-swap session to everyone in a mile radius does get annoying.
- Students who have the maturity of a 5-year old, or Flynn, which amounts to the same thing.
- Students who incessantly talk in the middle of a class, then get combative with the teacher when their names are called, as if they've done nothing wrong, and the teacher is an asshole.
- A long lunch line that takes forever to move.
- Impatient morons who can't be arsed to wait for their meal, and cut the entire line.
- People who lose all rational thought, tact, and understanding of English when they log onto an online game. "You suck, you fucking f****t POS!" Ugh, smash their Xbox.
- People who use chatspeak on a forum. I can understand using it in IM or in a game, where you need to bang the message out quickly, but typing "lol thts so kul, im gna go play sm wow ltrz" on a forum, where you have all the time in the world to check and correct, I feel, is pointless.
- YouTube commenters. These are the people that make me wish there was a minimum-level-of-intelligence limit on the Internet.
- Religious/political/environmental dickwads.
- How difficult it is for me to spell "environment" and not "enviornment"
- Brainless celebrities
- Celebrities who find it beyond their capability to put on undergarments, or maintain some decency.
- Crap rFactor mods.
- The length of time it's taking CTDP 2006 to come out.
- Valley girl drivel.
- Street racers and other people who make car enthusiasts in general look like mouth-breathing troglodytes who wallow in their own smog in the eyes of the general public.
- Asshats.
- Smug people.
- Smug asshats.
- Not having access to Nazi hookers
- the Wacky Race withdrawl I have.
- Knowing I have more to add to this list but not knowing what exactly to add.

People who use HUGE BOLDTEXT in their posts. No, I don't think your opinion is more important than anyone else's, keep it down please :p

People who rep each other for posting in funny picture / boobs vs. ass / best looking girls threads. Congrats, you can google, it makes you a better person your posts and opinions more valuable to the forum. God, I hate the whole reputation feature anyway, and when it's misused it's even worse. (no, I'll never shut up about it :p)

uh oh, that's me...

anyway, i have a big thing with people spitting in public. yeah, you're so hardcore for spitting on the ground multiple times a day...

Its just the lack of general manners. Don't visit any 3rd world countries or any rural cities and you won't see it.

Of all the countries I've been to, China is, by far, the worse country when it comes to spitting in public.

Last edited:
Man, this is an awesome thread!

I think it is interesting that there are a few common peeves out there between most of us, I wonder if that is part of the reason we all ended up here in the first place.

+1 for the OP by the way!

My list is pretty long, but here are a few... the flag one was well covered...

chewing loudly
people who don't know the difference between a YIELD sign and a STOP sign
people who cannot figure out the purpose of acceleration lanes on highway entrance ramps
cable news reports that are saying they have breaking news in front of a court house at 2 am... we all know you are just filling air time, go the fuck back home!!

oh so many more...

[big list]

dumb people

[/big list]

For me this covers just about everything, sure there are other things that are annoying not involving dumb people but mostly everything involves a dumb person some where along the line of annoying the hell out of me.

For me this covers just about everything, sure there are other things that are annoying not involving dumb people but mostly everything involves a dumb person some where along the line of annoying the hell out of me.

And the things that sucks the most, is that if only they used common fucking sense, they wouldn't look like such fools or be crazy annoying.

I'm not talking about education either, Ive seen plenty well educated people that are dumb re-res.

People who use HUGE BOLDTEXT in their posts. No, I don't think your opinion is more important than anyone else's, keep it down please :p

People who rep each other for posting in funny picture / boobs vs. ass / best looking girls threads. Congrats, you can google, it makes you a better person your posts and opinions more valuable to the forum. God, I hate the whole reputation feature anyway, and when it's misused it's even worse. (no, I'll never shut up about it :p)

WAHT? You're crazy! the girls thread are the most important and people should be rewarded for posting win! and big bold text doesnt mean our opinions are better. you clearly lost all your memos!

Last edited:
And the things that sucks the most, is that if only they used common fucking sense, they wouldn't look like such fools or be crazy annoying.

I'm not talking about education either, Ive seen plenty well educated people that are dumb re-res.

Yep, I agree. I actually did a crappy speech on it for my stupid speech class which brings me to something else that annoys me, general ed classes that are required for my degree but teach me nothing that's useful and waste my money I haven't even begun to earn yet.

Remembered another :

People who make no effort to learn a language when they visit a country.

This covers both immigrants coming to the UK/USA who don't make any effort to learn English, and to Brits and Americans on holiday. It wouldn't kill you to learn to say "hello" and "please", would it?

^LOL! When I went to France, I tried to speak French, the people I was talking to responded in English for me, seeing that it wasn't going to work with me speaking French in my god-awful accent :p

I do have to agree though: The language opens many doors, and you should at least have a cursory knowledge before going away.

Its just the lack of general manners. Don't visit any 3rd world countries or any rural cities and you won't see it.

Of all the countries I've been to, China is, by far, the worse country when it comes to spitting in public.

Sydney must be filled with them then :p. isn't it illegal to spit in Singapore? i think i'll move there!

also: people who expect to be served after i close the shutters at work. there's trading hours for a reason and i don't get paid outside them, you know. i'm just trying to do the till so i can dash home...