What're your pet peeves?

When your on the bus or train and there is only standing room available and when you look down the isle and you see a bunch of (usually) old women sitting on the outside seats - alone, now look, you might get some fat smelly old person, you might get me or you might get the man or women of your dreams, just don't take up 2 seats on your own

When your on the bus or train and there is only standing room available and when you look down the isle and you see a bunch of (usually) old women sitting on the outside seats - alone, now look, you might get some fat smelly old person, you might get me or you might get the man or women of your dreams, just don't take up 2 seats on your own

Don't take the bus/train.

Viper007Bond :shock:

Kidding aside, what annoys me most are people who can't use proper English grammar on web forums. I don't care if you make a small mistake here and there, but try to get it right. This isn't instant messaging; speed isn't an issue.

Also everyone who posts comments on digg.

People who call China "communist". Seriously, learn some recent history. At least have the decency to call it "fascist"; technically the definition fits, even if semantics are debatable.

people who cannot figure out the purpose of acceleration lanes on highway entrance ramps
Oh man I forgot about that one! I always get stuck behind someone who refuses to go more than 35 until they're on the highway with big freaking trucks going twice as fast as we are. It'd be fine if I had the yellow car in my sig but since I'm romantically involved with my sig's other vehicular occupant it scares the crap out of me. The Disco takes a long time to get going and I need all the speed advantage I can get.

People who call China "communist". Seriously, learn some recent history. At least have the decency to call it "fascist"; technically the definition fits, even if semantics are debatable.
Well, technically, there hasn't ever been a communist country in the world. But countries where the one and only ruling party claims itself to be communist have always been called communist countries, so I don't see a big deal about it. Although, economically, China is pretty capitalist these days.

People who stop in the middle of a crowded street to check their watch, mobile whatever forcing you to step aside.
People who use umbrellas. I'm rather fond of my eyes. Get that thing away.
People who keep talking to you while you do sports.
Everyone who posts in the political section (me included).
People who (ab)use their mobiles as ghetto blasters.
People who insist that they can't do a certain task.
People who invite me to social networking sites.
People who snap pictures the whole evening while being out and upload them to social networking sites.

The fact that I have a slight case of OCD.

Why do I have to check if the cooker is off before I leave?
Why do I have to check if I set my alarm three times before going to bed?
Why do I sometimes return after stepping out of the house to check if I really locked my door.

Last edited:
A couple more

People who don't know how to merge into one lane or leave it to the last minute - I travel the same stretch of road every day to and from work and everyday its the same. Im what James would concider a christian motorist. If someone wants to merge in front of me, I give them space and let them in. But I am getting sick and tired of doing this for people purely because they fail to respond, come across at the last minute anyway and make me look like an arse for holding up a lane of traffic all because im trying to be nice and help keep traffic flowing.

People who don't sholder check/mirror check when changing lanes - I swear Queensland is the worst for this. Ive lost count how many times people have tried changing lanes on top of me. Here's a thought for those people, my truck weighs a shade under 3 tonnes...try me

Service Advisers who over promise to customers - Its actually become a bit of a game for me where I see many upsells I can wipe off a service because the adviser has promised something we can't deliver. For example a power steering flush is basicly a fluid change. Fine for cars equiped with hydraulic steering but comical when they sell it on a Yaris/Corolla/Rav4/Tarago/Prius because they have electric steering. It makes us look like idiots because we seem to have very little product knowlage, and that annoys me

/end rant

A couple more

People who don't know how to merge into one lane or leave it to the last minute - I travel the same stretch of road every day to and from work and everyday its the same. Im what James would concider a christian motorist. If someone wants to merge in front of me, I give them space and let them in. But I am getting sick and tired of doing this for people purely because they fail to respond, come across at the last minute anyway and make me look like an arse for holding up a lane of traffic all because im trying to be nice and help keep traffic flowing.

People who don't sholder check/mirror check when changing lanes - I swear Queensland is the worst for this. Ive lost count how many times people have tried changing lanes on top of me. Here's a thought for those people, my truck weighs a shade under 3 tonnes...try me

/end rant

I HATE those people. Its not like they can't see me coming, and I'm fairly sure with my 5500 pound truck, that I would win mr. jackass in the honda civic.