Whats a '06 Passat worth?

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
My company has had a 2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T since new and now has come time to either sell it or fix it. None of us know what makes the most sense at this point, it was used by my boss for a couple years and then given to a salesmen who travels from his home in Minnesota to anywhere in Wisconsin. Could anyone help me figure out what it's resell value is worth?

What it needs,

1 wheel bearing
struts/shocks
a new wheel(one of them is bent and they're aftermarket)
front diff is leaking
needs a check engine light diagnosed.
Could use new tires since the back ones are cupped.

Oh, and it has 180,000 miles.

The boss above my boss wants $4k for it which seems high for what it needs but, I don't know for sure the more I think about it.

Last edited:
I saw one with similar mileage and a broken engine for 4500 Euros online. Working high-mileage examples start at 5k Euros over here.

But I don't know about the US car market.

If it was in perfect condition 4500 would be reasonable with that kind of mileage. Due to the needed repairs, 3000-3500 would be about right.

It's worth about $2200 down here, in the condition that has been described - if you can find someone who wants the headache.

I'd sell it and buy a Ford to replace it.

I'd sell it and buy a Ford to replace it.

Can't, boss likes Jeeps, salesmen and service techs drive Patriots and he drives a Grand Cherokee.

It's worth about $2200 down here, in the condition that has been described - if you can find someone who wants the headache.

That's what I was thinking, it's going to be hard...

Over here you could probably get 13-14k eur (19k USD) for it, if those (relatively minor) issues were taken care of. There's no 2006 one currently advertised with that mileage, highest is 218k km / 16 900 eur. Nice price or crack pipe? :p

Over here you could probably get 13-14k eur (19k USD) for it, if those (relatively minor) issues were taken care of. There's no 2006 one currently advertised with that mileage, highest is 218k km / 16 900 eur. Nice price or crack pipe? :p
Now I can see why you import from Germany.

it wont be cheap to fix , and with that mileage you should not expect more the 5000 pounds . fix and keep using , or sell it broken , i might be giving wrong advice , its just my opinion.

Can't, boss likes Jeeps, salesmen and service techs drive Patriots and he drives a Grand Cherokee.

How much is he willing to spend on another vehicle?

Damn, that's huge mileage on an '06. That's about 30k-36k miles (50k-60k km)/year...:blink: I wonder why he bought a Passat if he knew he was gonna put that many miles on it...