What's the deal with the Stig and the New Stig??

maq

Car(s)
1984 Schwin Madison
Is the old Stig really dead or is that a joke?

Joke (I assume).

Definitely a joke! It could be the same person...u'll never know. I guess becos the STIG's identity was exposed after Series 2 and they did this to confuse the audience so as to maintain the STIG's mysteriousness.

old stig wrote a book and his identity got out , maybe before the book or after, they decided to go with a new person after that.

Do you guys know Stig is, Has anyone seen his real face, or the history of Sting?
I don't know anything about the guy. anyway it would be great if i new a little more about him.

The name of a past Stig was leaked in a book he wrote.

Why on earth do they call it "The Stig"?
Stig is a name here in Sweden, but I don't know if that has something to do about it. There once was a rally driver called Stig Blomqvist...

Dude, read the forum. THis question was already asked and discussed :roll: . As was said earlier, the old Stig did not die, his id got leaked, and they (Top Gear) wanted to keep it a secret. So they get a "new" Stig. He could be the same person for all we know, or a different one. But they needed some way to get rid of the old Stig. Hence the "death" part.

actually his question is about the meaning of the word stig.. it's been discussed before and noone knows

WhiteRabbit said:
YEAH!!! wtf does "stig" mean?
You should really read this thread - it has been answered (or at least suggested).

Viper007Bond said:
WhiteRabbit said:
YEAH!!! wtf does "stig" mean?
You should really read this thread - it has been answered (or at least suggested).

I did read the the thead and I didn't find an answer and im even more intrigued now cause on the last ep someone said he cat is named "stig"
so..what does it mean? I searched all over the place dictionarys and what no :(

Stig means: A pig with a sting...and obviously that guy was named after a pig...because he looks like a pig and he was ones stong by a wasp.
:?