What's the nicest thing a stranger's ever done for you?

I was flying to Mexico for vacation on Christmas Eve a few years ago with my family. We got to the airport really early, and got in line to wait for the Dunkin Donuts to open (5 minutes after we go there). When the cashier lady asked the man infront of us what he wanted, he said "I'll have a medium regular coffee, and put whatever they're having on my bill" as he pointed to us, followed with "Gotta spread the Christmas cheer one way or another." He then paid for our breakfasts, and hurried off to catch his flight.

Last edited:
Well a strange hot girl (sounded British) once pulled me into a pool in Thailand and screwed my brains out...

If that doesn't count there was the time me and my GF were trying to get a cab at 6am after a night of partying on THE busiest party night of the year over here and we had absolutely no chance of getting one since about 2000 others were trying to get a cab too, then some guy pulled over next to us, said "hop on!" took all the way home and when we got home he was like "so do you guys smoke?" we said yeah and he took out a small bag of weed and handed it too us... Best guy ever! :D

Last edited:
Well a strange hot girl (sounded British) once pulled me into a pool in Thailand and screwed my brains out...

Sounds pretty manly.

What? Just saying.

Looking back as a 21-year-old it's not a big deal, but kind of a cute story I guess :lol: I was 6 years old, and I had a favourite a stuffed toy, a small pig. I'd had it for years and I was carrying it with me literally everywhere, I wouldn't leave the house without that pig, not even for a walk to the nearby supermarket. Of course I slept with it every night, all my relatives and friends knew it, etc.
So, one day I went shopping with my family, and I took the piglet with me as usual. Just as we were done with the shopping and were leaving for the car, I suddenly realised that I didn't have the pig with me. I looked for it everywhere, all my pockets, all our bags, etc, but it was lost. We walked back to the shopping centre and checked in every shop where we had been earlier, asked the shopping assistants, but nobody had seen it. At this point I was already crying my heart out, I just wept and wept and a lot of people asked us what the matter was. Then we went to a shop where they sold pretty big and very expensive toys, they cost far too much for my family's budget. But one lady working in that shop asked me why I was crying so hard, my mother explained her the matter. The lady took a huuuge stuffed animal from the shelf, which was very expensive for a toy, and told me I could have it for free. My parents went through the formal process of "Nooo, we cannot accept that, it's not a big deal" etc, but the lady insisted that I should take the toy, without paying any money. Of course I was still inconsolable because I wanted my little pig and not a big, brand new toy, but looking back, that lady was extremely nice.

Last edited:
Ran out of gas at 2am in a deserted road, before the "everyone owns a cellphone/mobile" era. An elderly couple in a motorhome stopped to help. They towed my car ('71 Beetle), paid half my gas and asked me if I wanted to stay for dinner :D

Last edited: