What's your automotive guilty pleasure?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody
What's something you really like in the wide world of automotive enthusiasm, but you'd rather others not know?

Mine is lowered mini-trucks. I had one in my early 20s and loved that thing.

83781213_2225700307575787_496109061020844032_o.jpg

COUGH! Freak COUGH!

lol

Those are a bit lower than I like, but that is just for show while parked.

We have already discussed my love of boattail and teardrop bits on cars. I am not really ashamed, or worried others will find out though.

I thought of something, fender skirts.

What’s a fender skirt?

These:

1581731599545.png

Which link neatly to mine, Citroen cars from the second half of the 20th century with covered rear wheels and hydrogas suspension. DS, GS, SM, CX, BX and XM all look great to me in their own strange ways.

The SM is particularly beautiful, I prefer it to the DS but only just.

1581732075148.png

Honda Insight?

I want a 50s car with curb feelers. I also do like some SUV’s but stupid ones like the first gen Explorer and Bronco II.

Hi, I am gaasc, and I have a GM SUV problem :p

I enjoy the creation and inspection of damage on stanced car as long as it is not on my own car. I find Youtube videos of stanced cars leaving meets and discovering grinded off undercarriage components very intriguing.

These:

View attachment 3556956

Which link neatly to mine, Citroen cars from the second half of the 20th century with covered rear wheels and hydrogas suspension. DS, GS, SM, CX, BX and XM all look great to me in their own strange ways.

The SM is particularly beautiful, I prefer it to the DS but only just.

View attachment 3556957
This is pretty much mine. A black DS23 Pallas would be my dream classic.

That's not something one needs to hide from others as love of classic Citroëns is quite mainstream. :p

Mine is: VW Polo 2F (preferably in coupé form, even more preferably as G40, of course). In my opinion one of the last good small cars - after that, the whole class went the wrong way, meaning up in terms of car height.

Actually, Dan, in the UK it is pretty niche. They are a rare sight at classic car meets here which tend to be full of MGs and E-Types.

Still, it's not like they're seen as so bad that you have to explain yourself for liking them, are they?

The quantity on classic car meets is a result of availability, too...

Weren't there already some threads similar to this one? :p

Now, for me, it'd have to be white taillights. No, they don't work on every single car, as a matter of fact, they don't work for any of cars that weren't intended to have them out of the factory. (I'm thinking about Altezza-style lights on non-Altezzas here. Those just don't work at all.) But I still find it interesting how almost every single car on the market nowadays have white rear and side turn indicators, yet very few cars have white taillights. I know it's probably for safety reasons, but then, they don't have to be all-white, just not all-red as majority of the cars have them today.

The Lancia Thesis' back is a perfect example of how they can work. As a matter of fact, I find Thesis' taillights amongst the best looking taillights on any of the modern cars. They're minimalist and elegant, and they work for the car.

19232157-2.jpg

Another good example would be a 2nd- or a 3rd-gen Prius. They fit in the whole futuristic design language of the car.

Prius-3-05.jpg

Tram just reminded me...

Maserati 3200GT, as long as it's the version with the boomerang style rear lights.

dond-maserati-3200gt1-2.jpg

The hockey stick stripes on my Mustang, almost everyone I know hates them, but I love em

Still, it's not like they're seen as so bad that you have to explain yourself for liking them, are they?

I've probably never expressed my general dislike for French cars either. :p