What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
aceofspades said:
the corolla has a motor out of a 1990 toyota levin s/c
same as a 4age(112hp) but this is a 4agze late model (170hp) and alot more TQ thanks to the S/C and there is alot of twisties. around chicago u just have to look :bangin:
I mean like mtn roads like we've got in cali. It's good to hear that there are nice twisties out there though. I might be coming to Chicago for college in a year's time.

'94 Mk2 XJ40 XJ6 3.2 Sports. Done 146k kms. Fathers, keep in mind :O

http://img172.imageshack.**/img172/6762/img3124qx3.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.**/img232/4674/img3119sh4.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.**/img164/5999/img3127goodgr3.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.**/img48/5961/img3131tu3.jpg
http://img54.imageshack.**/img54/6823/img3136sq2.jpg
http://img236.imageshack.**/img236/5030/img3134qy6.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.**/img64/583/img3139rn0.jpg

(sorry for the page strechyness, will edit if need be)

aceofspades said:
lol we have hill

how old are you
17, man.
I drive my dad's Audi A3 3.2 whenever I can. It's black with tan leather interior and the DSG gearbox.

Nice car, nice pics :)

Two questions:
1. How big are those wheels?
2. What's the reliability been like? I know Jag's from around that time period had issues....

Mischief007 said:
andyhui01 said:
GPriest said:
My ride is a black on black 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora. I bought it on 06/06/06 :evil: . If your not familiar with the Aurora here is some fast info. It has a v8 4L Northstar that appeared only in the Aurora and the Shelby Series 1. It has FWD and all the little toys and gadgets. My Signature has a link to my Aurora Club thread (I am not trying to recruit, as I dont believe to many here have Auroras.... I just have a lot of pics posted there).

I believe another member here, Mischief has the same car :D

Son, he's got the Aurora which was the highest you could go for the Olds line of the late 90s and 2000s. I have the Alero which is entry level for that line. Middle of the pack is the Intrique. The Aurora is an awesome car. Too bad it never came with a manual.

Thanks for the compliment Mischief007 8). During development, Aurora's engine broke 47 speed endurance records, two of which were previously held by Mercedes-Benz. So it is a performance luxury car... but the luxury made it only offered in automatic. However someone in my Aurora club does want to set up a manual... however the technical issues may be too great.

BTW Jamesd, I love your car.

GPriest said:
Mischief007 said:
andyhui01 said:
GPriest said:
My ride is a black on black 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora. I bought it on 06/06/06 :evil: . If your not familiar with the Aurora here is some fast info. It has a v8 4L Northstar that appeared only in the Aurora and the Shelby Series 1. It has FWD and all the little toys and gadgets. My Signature has a link to my Aurora Club thread (I am not trying to recruit, as I dont believe to many here have Auroras.... I just have a lot of pics posted there).

Son, he's got the Aurora which was the highest you could go for the Olds line of the late 90s and 2000s. I have the Alero which is entry level for that line. Middle of the pack is the Intrique. The Aurora is an awesome car. Too bad it never came with a manual.

Thanks for the compliment Mischief007 8). During development, Aurora's engine broke 47 speed endurance records, two of which were previously held by Mercedes-Benz. So it is a performance luxury car... but the luxury made it only offered in automatic. However someone in my Aurora club does want to set up a manual... however the technical issues may be too great.

oops... the front looks almost the same, and the name was similiar, therefore I automatically assumed it was the same :lol:

Jacobfox said:
aceofspades said:
lol we have hill

how old are you
17, man.
I drive my dad's Audi A3 3.2 whenever I can. It's black with tan leather interior and the DSG gearbox.

yea i figged under 18 silly kids

andyhui01 said:
oops... the front looks almost the same, and the name was similiar, therefore I automatically assumed it was the same :lol:

It is understandable for some people to confuse the Olds line if you are not an olds owner/enthusiast. In 95 (but 96 model) aurora came out is was the first of the look. Then they shifted the whole Oldsmobile line to be based on the 'cat eye look'.

GPriest said:
Mischief007 said:
andyhui01 said:
GPriest said:

I used to work at a car wash and a guy came in with an Aurora 4.0 in pearl white (gorgeous colour) and gold accents. Fully optioned out and I loved to drive that thing. I don't like the Intrique as much as the Alero and Aurora. The Aurora would be a perfect car if it were rear wheel drive and a stick shift.

I have a Bugati Veyron a Pagani Zonda and a Lambo....
Sorry for a moment there i thought i was Audi_RS_Addict. :?

Im currently looking for my First car an E34 1.8 possibly 2.0.

don vito said:

How old are you and where abouts are you located? I'm 16 btw....looking for a first car for when I'm 17 in January.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
don vito said:

How old are you and where abouts are you located? I'm 16 btw....looking for a first car for when I'm 17 in January.

Im almost 22...which yes i know is old. :(
I live in England. :thumbsup:

I don't have a puc of my car, I have a pic of me and the car, I would post it but I was talking to a female online a month or so back and she asked for the pic, so in a gesture of good will I sent it. The attractive scale works like this 10 being Brad Pitt and 0 being John Merick I asked what she gave me. She came back with a 0.05 and I like "You'r f*****g s***ing me that Quesemodo without the hump" for this reason I decline to post it. :D

Oh 51 plated Mondeo Diesel LX

don vito said:

Quick question since you'll know more than me, is it possible for a 17 year to get a Mk III Golf GTI insured as 1st car? if so any idea how much? im hoping I can get one as my 1st car(i'll have it for the years i'll be at uni which is a looooooooong time)

vRS said:
don vito said:

Quick question since you'll know more than me, is it possible for a 17 year to get a Mk III Golf GTI insured as 1st car? if so any idea how much? im hoping I can get one as my 1st car(i'll have it for the years i'll be at uni which is a looooooooong time)

Try www.screentrade.co.uk
They will give u a quote, just what cost though. :(

vRS said:
don vito said:

One of my friends had a VR6 when he was 17, so you should be fine. ;) The insurance rips you off though.

vRS said:
don vito said:

I would guess you'll be looking around the ?2500-3000 mark. A 1.6 Astra is nearly ?2000. My brother actually had a MkIII GTI when he was 20. It was about ?1800 for him a year. Your best bet is to try and insure it under your parents name especially if they have NCD. Personally I would leave it till you're 19/20 and try to build up some NCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.