What's Your Favorite Sick food?

Chicken curry, preferably hot enough to melt my face off.

Funny you say that... I was sick on the weekend and went out to dinner with my mom, got a chicken curry which as expected I left mostly untouched.

Seriously, am I the only one who has no appetite when under the weather?

No, I don't have an appetite either. When I do eat, I cant really taste anything.

I kill and devour a healthy person so that I may gain their strength.

Anything with a crap load of garlic and or hot sauce to kick the sickness out of me

I kill and devour a healthy person so that I may gain their strength.

This also works well.

Scrambled eggs, white toast with proper butter (Anchor for choice - NB well done NZ butterlicious) and Lucozade original. Weird or what?

You only need to cut their head off to do that.

That's only if it's a head cold. You might need more if it's the full on flue.

Mapo Tofu

ma+po+tofu_mom.jpg

I like it so spicy it burns the sickness out of me, and the tofu is easy to digest. Also szechuan peppercorns are mild analgesics, so they numb the burn in a pleasant way.

Hey I made that the other day. It was pretty fantastic!

Seriously, am I the only one who has no appetite when under the weather?
Well that's the problem. You're not hungry when you're really sick, but you've got to eat something eventually. I understood the original question as to what you're going to eat when in that situation. I eat Zwieback, cause it usually stays in.

I usually go off my food completely unless it's just a really minor cold or something, in which case I usually find myself craving potato cakes, mum's home made vegetable soup and peppermint or chamomile tea depending on what I need help with. Trying to reduce nausea = peppermint, helping me to sleep if I'm uncomfortable = chamomile.

yoghurt-nutrinoba.jpg

liters at a time!

those bouillon soups postes on the previous pages i might enjoy as well! looks very tasty

When I'm sick I eat a lot of Saltine Crackers and drink 7-UP. After I met my Fiance I started taking crystallized ginger, it helps a lot with nausea. I used to eat a lot of campbell's soup, but as I've gotten a bit wiser I've decided that both saltines + campbell's is probably too much sodium, haha.

Pot o' spicy chilli, with fresh bread or chicken soup from scratch. Or if I'm really indulgent, the salt lick worthy cambells can.