What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

nsx_23

Forum Addict
Bought quiet a few nice tools and a new toolbox today.

I am now a happy man :D

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
A coat. Because the only rainproof outerwear I had was my winter coat and that's... a bit heavy. And it's gore-tex so you know it cost more than it should have (but it's Cabela's brand so it's not a complete ripoff like the North Face ones that are the exact same material and almost double the price :lol: )

Last edited:

RaptorJesus

Resident Callboy
Needed a new Blender Bottle, mine was getting pretty shabby.

Finally got a low carb, no aspartame containing Whey Isolate which doesn't taste like warmed over shit. Since there is no benefit to over 30g's intake at a time I space this out over the day. I like this one in the morning before my run.

Wanted unflavored BCCA's for during/post workout fuel that I can just add to my regular post workout low calorie/high soluble fiber shake.

Clockwerk

Forum Addict
Finally got a low carb, no aspartame containing Whey Isolate which doesn't taste like warmed over shit. Since there is no benefit to over 30g's intake at a time I space this out over the day. I like this one in the morning before my run.
What about ON whey? Their Gold Standard has 5 grams of BCAA's and but it's sweetened with acesulfame potassium not aspartame.

RaptorJesus

Resident Callboy
What about ON whey? Their Gold Standard has 5 grams of BCAA's and but it's sweetened with acesulfame potassium not aspartame.
Most benefit for BCCA's takes place when muscle catabolysis takes place during/post workout. So the quick absorption and net blood protein availability isn't really needed in the morning when I'm looking for a long slow release of energy with low blood sugar spike. I should probably supplement with casein protein to go even longer acting, but since I squeeze in breakfast right after my run I don't bother. Also since I eat around noon again, and then a snack at 3 and then pre workout dinner, I only need BCCA's after my evening workout.

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
A hello kitty stuffed toy and a bunch of hello kitty clothes for my daughter :love:

Polygon

Car(s)
LeBaron GTC, Stealth R/T TT, N-SRT-4
As per Ice's recommendation

Started reading it during my lunch break at work today. wow doesn't even describe what i've read so far.
Hmm...

My interest is piqued.

Fuck yeah! I can't wait until my car is paid off (in about a year and a half). It'll be the first time I'll NOT have had a car payment since...1997.
Yeah, it's so nice to know I don't have to pay $200 on that next month. Sadly, that $200 will now go on the credit card. :lol:

Still waiting on the title though. This is the first time I've been car payment free...... ever.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
My barely one year old Hoover stopped working and considering how much I've spent on 'affordable' vacuums I decided to stop wasting money and buy a high-end vacuum that will hopefully last me more than a year or two.

So I picked up a Dyson DC25 - the regular non-animal one because in my experience the extra tools you get with pet models are useless.

Oh, and renewed my car insurance for the year too. With the computer bits I bought earlier this week, MasterCard is probably in love with me right now. :p

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
^ :lol: Yeah you won't be disappointed with a Dyson. We've got a DC04 bought from new in 2003 or 4, and it still works perfectly strong. They really do never loose suction; not a sausage. :p