What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

It was very angry when I tried to play a free version of half life and the graphics kept glitching out, so I am going to assume that if it gets angry at half life it will get angry at portal.

Just out of curiosity, do you know which graphics card/macbook it is? In my experience MacBooks have above average graphics compared to most laptops.

ATI Radeon X1600, I honestly don't know how good it is past the fact it glitched like fuck when I tried to play games before

That's the exact minimum requirement for Portal on Mac (if you run on Windows, it should actually play a bit better), so it seems like it should work. If you are running on Windows, maybe try downloading a newer driver from AMD's website? I'm not sure how to go about updating drivers in Mac OS.

Clicky here (or PM me for a... "cheap" copy). Now. No questions asked. No excuses accepted. Refusal to do so will result in harsh sentences by the High Court of the Internets.

Will it run on a samsung nc10 and can I use only mouse, if not then meh.

"Could not connect to Steam network. This could be due to a problem with your internet connection, or with the Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info."

hilariously when I googled "cold not connect" the first thing it filled in for me was "to the steam network" apparently a common issue. :|

Goodyear-EfficientGrip---mniejsze-zuzycie-paliwa-i-dluzsza-zywotnoc_3995_2.jpg

X4 in 225/45WR17

"Could not connect to Steam network. This could be due to a problem with your internet connection, or with the Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info."

hilariously when I googled "cold not connect" the first thing it filled in for me was "to the steam network" apparently a common issue. :|

If it's been a long time since you've run it, you probably have a very outdated client. I think I've had that happen to me before. Try downloading the client again from Steam's website.

Yes, I'm starting to get annoyed by how patch-happy modern software is getting.

If it's been a long time since you've run it, you probably have a very outdated client. I think I've had that happen to me before. Try downloading the client again from Steam's website.

Yes, I'm starting to get annoyed by how patch-happy modern software is getting.

I had to wipe the files and reinstall not that it maters because:
Why isn't my gamepad/joystick/controller working?

Steam for Mac does not currently support any kind of gamepad. However, it has been noted that Vavle are already working in adding gamepad support for Mac.
Are you fucking kidding me?
I can't play a game with the fucking keyboard, that is why I never did PC gaming in the first place. :mad:

Oh and that's nice. Every time I close it I need to completely wipe it and reinstall along with redownloading the whole damn game. This is so not worth it.

Last edited:
Depends what GPU you have... If its the new intel ix GPUs or anything dedicated it *should* work

NC10 is GMA945. No way it can do Portal. Diablo II is already stretching that machine.

We call it a case of beer. ;)

My Dunlops are showing signs of age, I can feel the response and feel in the frame is gone on two of them, so I'll donate the remaining two to a tennis for kids program. Outdoor season is starting very soon, unless of course this shit weather holds out. I'm tired of playing indoors, I did it all winter. I never thought I would say this about playing, but I miss a bit of sun and wind on the court.

4 of these Wilson BLX Six.One Tour, Two strung for matches, two for practice.
61TBLX-1.JPG

Free BLX bag with my racquets.
BLXTBAGS6-1.jpg

10 packs of Strings
BRPMVS16-1.jpg

More lead tape to weight the sticks.
LEADQUAR-1.jpg

24 case of balls
USORD-1.jpg

Babolat Propulse
30S1172-104S11-3.jpg

Some compression sleeves because I'm getting to the point where my elbow needs a bit more support when I get lazy with my form.

SMSSL-BK-1.jpg

I'm so fucking ready for the season to start it's not even funny. I got in contact with my old hitting partner and we signed up for a Chicago league for NTRP 4.0 and above players. It should be a challenging season, plenty of players way better than me in my age bracket in the league. Hopefully I can crack the top 30, though judging by some of the names, it's some guys who wiped me across the court in HS.

I'm so fucking ready for the season to start it's not even funny.

yeah that's pretty much what i thought when i saw your list :p
damn, i should be getting back into tennis... i played until i spent half a year in new zealand and haven't bothered to pick it up since, because there was just nobody left to play with. it's been nearly 6 years now :|

yeah that's pretty much what i thought when i saw your list :p
damn, i should be getting back into tennis... i played until i spent half a year in new zealand and haven't bothered to pick it up since, because there was just nobody left to play with. it's been nearly 6 years now :|

Tennis is my first love, I've played since I was about 5 or 6, and I was decent at one point. I got up to a NTRP 5.5 at my best in HS, and was state ranked. After that I stopped playing for my first 2 years of uni and really dropped in skill. I got back into a league and ever since then have tried playing as much as possible when time and weather permit. This year I got a winter membership to the indoor tennis club, so I don't lose all my hard work over the winter but the weather has been so rainy and shitty that I have only played outside twice this year. I'm back to about a NTRP 4.5 now, and hopefully I make it back to a 5.0 by the end of summer with some good competition. I don't have much to do this summer as I finished one degree, and my next one starts in August so if I can get 3-4 ranked matches in per week I'll be super happy.

I'm so fucking ready for the season to start it's not even funny. I got in contact with my old hitting partner and we signed up for a Chicago league for NTRP 4.0 and above players. It should be a challenging season, plenty of players way better than me in my age bracket in the league. Hopefully I can crack the top 30, though judging by some of the names, it's some guys who wiped me across the court in HS.
I did almost the exact same thing, I picked up Top Spin 3 for 10 EUR.

LVHok.jpg

I honest to God did not know the Japanese even made beer, I will assume it's not centuries old abby quality then? :p

Last edited: