What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300

Custom made boots for a job I no longer have because it took the guy nearly a year to get them done. But hey, they're here now and they feel fantastic.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
What would you need those boots for other than a Clint Eastwood movie?
About a year ago I was working with adolescents with behavior problems in a treatment center; part of the program used horses for therapy. Yu don't want to ride without the right boots because if you come off the horse you can be dragged. Cowboy boots are designed to slip off your foot, freeing you from the stirrup if you fall. It's safety gear.

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
Kickin ass and taking names... It's a well known fact that every pair of cowboy boots comes with a complementary note pad and pen for taking down said names.
As someone who owns several pair of boots I can tell you that steel tipped 'anythings' work alot better for that. :p

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
I actually ruined the chrome layer on most of them in that time and they didn't align properly anymore. :(

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Because buckyballs are junk. Zen Magnets are superior.

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
I didn't even get Buckyballs. I think they were called the Neo Cube and I got them from eBay for $12. I played around with them for about a month, then the chrome layer of some balls got stripped and there was some nasty lead (I think) under it that made my hands all dirty. I just shaped it into a sort of sculpture (I couldn't build the cube again because some balls were missing) and it's just sitting on my shelf.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon

Got the new tires mounted, booyeah. Same kind of tire as before, but it's nice to have 1) decent tread, and 2) front tires that can be honestly described as "round".