What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

That it does! It sounds very good for the price and is powerful enough that I can transplant it into the downstairs home theatre room when I finish developing it in a few years.

I bought a paradigm (before they started making stuff in China) a few years back and it's amazing the difference it makes, once you've used it for a bit switch it off and hear how just how flat the sound is

Just bought two things:

-500 chips poker set

maleta-de-poker-500-fichas-numeradas-holograficas-115g-10-19398-MLB7067490258_092014-O.jpg

-Book The Returned by Jason Mott

118783557_1GG.jpg

7Dj44h1.jpg

I just picked up a 12-month digital subscription to Automobile Magazine for $5. :cool: Now I can carry around some sweet reading material on my phone in my pocket.

I feel like I would want one with the welder on the bottom...less top-heavy. Am I forgetting something?

The base plate is pretty heavy, also the heavy gas bottle goes on the bottom rear, but isn't depicted. If you're doing gasless/flux, you can and should put the unit at the bottom rear.

Edit: This is what it looks like when assembled with the gear on it - someone else's pictures.

20130715_2040000-1_zpsdcf55620.jpg

Last edited:
I just picked up a 12-month digital subscription to Automobile Magazine for $5. :cool: Now I can carry around some sweet reading material on my phone in my pocket.

I got a free digital sub to Motor Trend via the local Auto Show that they throw together....I can't get used to reading a magazine digitally.

I want my dead trees damnit!

The Silicon Valley Auto Show is a Motor Trend-linked event, too. I've had a free subscription now for 3 years.

I got a free digital sub to Motor Trend via the local Auto Show that they throw together....I can't get used to reading a magazine digitally.

I want my dead trees damnit!

Need a tablet? I tried reading some stuff on the PC from a magazine site that is trying to push everyone digital and found it very annoying. It is much less so on the tablet, but the digital version still needs work.

The base plate is pretty heavy, also the heavy gas bottle goes on the bottom rear, but isn't depicted. If you're doing gasless/flux, you can and should put the unit at the bottom rear.

Edit: This is what it looks like when assembled with the gear on it - someone else's pictures.

20130715_2040000-1_zpsdcf55620.jpg

That looks rather nice. We need a compact welder, something you can carry around at a work location and also fit in my car's trunk. That doesn't fit the bill but still looks good.

They don't get much smaller than that if you are doing MIG welding. You can get some very small flux core stick welders, though.

Gnedby dvd rack from Ikea

gnedby-shelf-unit__0251882_PE390717_S4.JPG

Detolf display case, also from Ikea

WP_20141202_00_06_02_Pro.jpg

I'll likely be getting another one of each next month. I had more items for each than I anticipated.

Bought this CD for my brother:

Let_go_by_nada_surf.jpg

Yes,he still like having Cd's...