What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
*checks photo* *reads post*

Huh? Wouldn't the tool designed for brake bleeding be built to survive the characteristics that brake fluid is made of?

GRtak

Forum Addict
Brake fluid is nasty stuff. To make it brake fluid proof would probably triple the costs and make it a pain to maintain. There is a canister that is easy to overflow and it doesn't take much in the hose to work it's way to the pump.

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Yup, and that's what happened to the last one. Obviously the PVC frame is impervious to brake fluid, but the metal parts inside were not made to be exposed to brake fluid. I could rebuild the one I already have, the kit is $14-20, but this one was listed on CL for $20 and I can use it immediately instead of spending a few hours doing a rebuild.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
On purpose?
:D Yep. Bob Wills is a legend who has been a major influence to artists as unlikely as Fats Domino or Bob Dylan. And the other one is a field recording of Appalacian coal mining songs, which range from bluegrass to blues and tell stories about mining accidents, black lung and unionizing.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
To replace the similar thing I had which I was using the last couple of years at Ringmeet which broke and is now discontinued.....