What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX
Winter jacket

Winter jacket

My one-and-only Black Friday purchase this year.

[/IMG]

I'd been looking for a casual winter jacket. It had to be:
Water-resistant
Hooded
Fairly well insulated
Zippered, not buttoned

Checked a bunch of places... Walmart, Penneys, even L.L. Bean... I could get close, but each one had some feature I didn't like.
Then I saw Tractor Supply's Black Friday ad. (Tractor Supply is a farm/outdoor store like Rural King.)

Blue Mountain is one of their 'house' brands. The ones on sale were 'cotton duck', a rather stiff fabric favored by farmers and construction workers. It stands up to abuse and is easily cleaned. The regular price was a fairly-reasonable $49.95, but the Black Friday price was $29.95. Since I didn't HAVE to have it, I waited until after dinner to head to the store, rightly thinking that most of the crowds would be gone. I was really surprised to find that they had three XLs left! These seem to be well-made and are very comfortable...

Edit: Not mentioned in the ad, but a nice surprise: in addition to the 'hand' pockets on the front, it has TWO secure media pockets and a pen pocket inside.:)

SL

Last edited:

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Two Hella Rallye 3000 driving lights for $10. (Someone else's picture of the same model, not mine since my photohost seems to be problematic tonight.)

Last edited:

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX
Two Hella Rallye 3000 driving lights for $10.
Nice score! I love the old, round drivers - but LEDs are relegating them to historic artifacts and driving down the price on the resale market. The new small, rectangular light bars don't look nearly as cool, despite putting out more usable light. :(

SL

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Nice score! I love the old, round drivers - but LEDs are relegating them to historic artifacts and driving down the price on the resale market. The new small, rectangular light bars don't look nearly as cool, despite putting out more usable light. :(

SL
There are HID retrofit kits for these - and IIRC, Hella has an official LED kit for these now.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon

North Shore had a 20% off Black Friday sale on JKS stuff so I finally ordered up the last parts (Tie rod/drag link) for my Jeep project. Maybe I'll finally start installing all these parts I've been hoarding for years!

JakeRadden

Car(s)
2014 Mustang, 2015 Edge, 2015 Sonata
Post-thanksgiving week spending spree... Rounding out my love of bright green cheap tools.

I now have:
1/2 Impact
Drill/Driver
Impact Driver
Recip Saw
7.25 Circ Saw
Jigsaw
Trim Router
6 total batteries

Certainly not the best tools, but for homeowner use they haven't failed me yet.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Even out at the track and traveling to other tracks I grab my bag full of Ryobi tools. Great stuff!

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Post-thanksgiving week spending spree... Rounding out my love of bright green cheap tools.

I now have:
1/2 Impact
Drill/Driver
Impact Driver
Recip Saw
7.25 Circ Saw
Jigsaw
Trim Router
6 total batteries

Certainly not the best tools, but for homeowner use they haven't failed me yet.
Must be one hell of child lock on those cabinet doors if you need all that :lol: