What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
FG Hive Mind - since we have nearly a 500km round trip in a rental to get there do I go native and rent a Dacia Sandero for 9/10 of fuck all, or go full Albanian Mafia and spend a fuckton on a black Mercedes?
[x] Buy Yugo/Zastava/Polski Fiat/Zhiguli

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Forgot these. Some high-drain 4AH Ryobi One+ batteries for my One+ tools on sale for more than half off.

I use a Makita impact wrench already, but since I happen to have so many One+ tools it seemed a good idea to get one that used that battery system as well - so I also picked up a Ryobi P263 3/8" impact wrench when I spotted one for half off.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
one+?

is that the same one+ from the phones?

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
one+?

is that the same one+ from the phones?
No, it's a Ryobi trade name for their extensive system of power tools and accessories that all use a specific form factor of 18V battery. There's some ludicrous number of tools that work with this system and the fact that everything except a couple of early chargers is backwards and forwards compatible means that as tech advances, your old tools can gain improvements by swapping in new-tech batteries.

https://www.ryobitools.ca/power-tools/products/list/family/one-plus

I like my Makita better, but these Ryobis are pretty good, especially for the money.

Last edited:

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
We use the crap out of our Ryobi tools and they just keep working. Unlike the old ni-cad batteries, the lith-ion seem pretty bomb proof too. Though I had one die on me.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
Some days I wish I had invested in Ryobi instead of Makita. Their tools are good but the price always hurts. I was concerned about the build quality of Ryobi but that doesn’t seem to be issue.

Regarding battery tech, my Makita to Bosch battery adapter is finally here from China to allow me to use the cordless Bosch Vacuum (GAS 18V-10L/3N) I picked up on sale a couple of weeks ago with my 4 and 5Ah batteries. It’s arguably better than the Makita equivalent while being half the price. Despite being a blue Bosch too it’s probably more cheaply made and lacks a brushless motor but that’s fine by me.

I’m quite pleased that I didn’t just throw money at Bosch batteries, AvE isn’t exactly impressed with their latest version.

Last edited:

LeVeL

Forum Addict
In addition to my TL I bought a couple more Hondas:

Summer Honda:

Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)

Winter Honda:

Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Bought another kitchen.. Should ready to use in two weeks...
As an american, it always amuses me when I see people talk about buying a kitchen, or a closet. It always takes me a few beats for my brain to stop imagining a whole room being ripped off of a house (walls, ceiling, and all), and whole new room being delivered and slapped into place by a huge hand playing with legos.

As far as power tools, I'm in three systems, and it works really well. I used to have 5 different battery systems, 4 chargers, etc. Never had enough of the batteries I needed.

Milwaukee 18V: the tools that I'm willing to spend a lot of money on to get a GOOD tool. Drill, impact driver, larger circular saw, and nail gun.

Milwaukee 12v: the Milwaukee charger has both the 18v and 12v sizes on it, so this seemed like a good option for more compact system like my small circuilar saw (I bring this to some job sites where the larger one would be cumbersome, and when going to the store to buy sheet goods (plywood) that are too large to fit into my car, that will need to be cot down to size later anyway), oscillating tool (the 18V would have been WAAAAAY too overkill, except for the toolless head change...), and small bit driver.

Ryobi: Lawn care (waaaaaay cheaper than Milwaukee), and tools that are nice to have, but not worth spending 2-4x as much for milwaukee (when milwaukee even has it). Jig saw, belt sander, tire inflater, water pump, 9' pole chainsaw, hedge trimmer, weed-whacker (aka line trimmer), caulk gun and the hot glue gun (which gets a suprising amount of use, what with it being cordless and all). I was going to go with the trim router, but unlike it's corporate trim from Ridgid, the Ryobi isn't brushless...and it's enough of a power difference that I might jump up to the milwaukee 18v version for that when the time comes. Ryobi is constantly doing rediculous black friday deals, though, where it's like..."buy this recip saw for $10 more than it normally is, and get $100 in batteries free".

Karoug

Techno Viking
Car(s)
Scooter power!!
As an american, it always amuses me when I see people talk about buying a kitchen, or a closet. It always takes me a few beats for my brain to stop imagining a whole room being ripped off of a house (walls, ceiling, and all), and whole new room being delivered and slapped into place by a huge hand playing with legos.
That would make is so much easier!!

Funverhau

Hi, I am really new here and I hope it's ok to post it here. Because the search didn't really give me a better thread to do so.

It's not a purchase, it's a gift I got from a friend (some time ago) who knew that I am a Top Gear Fan. And even if I really like The Stig and I love to collect Merch from my favorite Shows .. this gift is taking a lot of space and I don't really have the place to show it off in a way that would do it justice.

Sure I could sell it on eBay but tbh I want to sell it to someone with whom I can be sure that it will be appreciated for the right reasons. So my question is: Is anyone of you interested?

(Sorry if there are any mistake language-wise .. English is not my first language)

As it seems I am also too stupid to attach pictures here -__-, so the Merch in Question is a Bendy-Limbed, speaking The Stig Doll, still in its original packaging, I never took it out.

Edit: figured it out, i got the wrong links at first