What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Farmers markets or markets in general ftw. In Norway there's not a single one of them (atleast where I live). :(

I got something like $10 worth of cherries, but it's ok since it's fruit right?

maunsellbeard2.jpg

GRtak, tomorrow.

My bees love me. I let them out of that little box and gave them a bigger box with an exit and some wet sugar.

Yeah I do that when I have good honey on hand. Lots of farmer's markets around here and my boss's father is actually a bee keeper.

Ask your boss for the hook-up and it may earn you some brownie points, plus you will get some good honey.

I just figure you're going to walk around in a bee hoodie like that guy.

I just figure you're going to walk around in a bee hoodie like that guy.

I am a bit crazy, but I don't find it scary in any way.

If you really want some good honey, use the internets to search for local beekeeping clubs and they will help you find what you want.

Reactions: AiR
How does someone walk around like that and not get bitten.

Local honey is also supposedly a way to help ease seasonal allergies.

Bitten by a bee ?

Only purchase so far is a tin of spray on tights ????? I don't know why, she's never gonna wear a short skirt, so I may have well bought her a tin of Holts Austin Allegro 70's brown from Halfords !

Six pounds of bees
Now that is a sentence I've never seen before!

Mandatory response:

[video=youtube;yWRz_-0B1qw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWRz_-0B1qw[/video]

Izzard is great. I seen that before, but I forgot about it. Thanks for the laugh.

Bees don't bite, they sting. and they don't sting him because he has applied a queen bee pheromone on him so the bees think he is a/the queen.

Edit: Bees are also very mellow unless you start messing with them and choose not to sting unless you are attacking the hive or sit on one.

E2: I bought 10 lbs. of sugar.

Last edited:
Bees don't bite, they sting. and they don't sting him because he has applied a queen bee pheromone on him so the bees think he is a/the queen.

Is there something that's the opposite off that? something that keeps bees away from you? no matter wat? because if so I am very intrested.
For some reason I react very bad to beestings, not lifethreathening allergic, but whatever part off me that gets stung swells to double the size and is painfull for days.........they should all be destroyed :p

I have no idea if such a thing exists. You should see a doctor about that.

I have no idea if such a thing exists. You should see a doctor about that.

I did, his diagnosis was mildly allergic......advice : stay away from bees

Facepalm.jpg

I did, his diagnosis was mildly allergic......advice : stay away from bees

Facepalm.jpg

I had Benadryl after a mysterious sting that I reacted badly to. I don't carry it or anything, but I will take it when I go camping/canoeing.

Local honey is also supposedly a way to help ease seasonal allergies.

Welcome to the last freaking page:

I hear local honey can help you fight seasonal allergies since it's made using the pollen that makes your nose itch. Of course, that sounds largely like new age hippie bullshit, but who knows, it could be true.