What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

New running shoes, Adidas Mega Softcell RF.

xlg43659bgn.jpg

Reposts from the "New Toys" thread:

G-Skill 2x4GB 8GB DDR3 1333 Kit - $89
20-231-311-TS

Hanns-G 25" 1080P Monitor - $149
24-254-048-Z01

And a cheapo 10ft HDMI cable to connect the monitor to my desktop.

This is the beginning of a new computer build that will include a Sandy Bridge 2600K and a 6970.

Last edited:
How do they compare with the other bouncy type shoes, Reezig and Shox? I run in old fashioned Asics, not entirely convinced of shock-type and barefoot style shoes efficacy.

I've only run in them once and it was only for like 1 mile (I have cold weather asthma), but I like them so far. I like my barefoot "shoes" but the best trail around me is granite aggregate and I found that the larger pieces of stone hurt my feet in the vibram five fingers.

Edit: It should be noted that I bought these more because of the wide toe box and because they were on sale than for the "bouncy-ness". I've never tried Reezig but I have had Shox (they give too much in the heel for me) and New Balance Zips (didn't care for them).

Last edited:
A reflective green silk pillow.

When and why did the title of this thread change?

Recently, and I'm guessing because people didn't get the point and the difference between this thread and The "New Toys" Thread.

Two books I bought recently, but I haven't had the time to read a lot yet :{
Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead
Stay Hungry Stay Foolish
400000000000000176456_s4.jpg
stayhungrybook.jpg

A 96 piece jigsaw of a photo of my mate's face, with his name on it also. Its for our secret santa. No-one will be expecting it. :lol:

Two soft pretzels - It'll be the only thing I'll end up eating all day (damn partner wants to work on the visual basic project "all night until it's finished")

I bought, a Peet's Large Blended Mocha. I wanted a blended Peppermint Mocha, but after I ordered it the baristas realized they ran out of cookies for it and gave me a free card to get a free medium-sized drink on my next return.

Sweeeeeeeeet.

Also, a blended was a mistake as my hands were freezing cold thanks to the cloud cover and general coldness.

A tank of gas, the joys of car ownership! Three weeks between tanks isn't too bad though.

Last edited:
300 mile range - 60 mile/day commute. Do the math.

since 300 mile range 50 mile commute gives me around a week assuming I go nowhere else I assume similar for you then.
That's more than double my last school commute, I suddenly need another oil change <_<

8 mile round trip commute daily, 250 mile range in city :dance:

Currently 17.6 mile round trip and my last tank gave me about 300 miles although I was all over the place so that still doesn't give me an idea about my everyday commute. When I can go back to my previous route which is closed because of bridge work I'll have a 16.8 mile round trip.

300 mile range - 60 mile/day commute. Do the math.

1100 km range, 200 km commute..... Luckily I can now carpool with a guy that lies down the street and works in the same commercial zone as me, so it's kinda halved.

Last edited: