What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

-Portal-2-%28PC-Mac-DVD%29-1297432514.jpg

I needed to keep up with the hip kids and find out what the fuss is all about. The last PC game I bought was a year ago...

You should play the original Portal first.

It's very short and makes the story in the sequel more enjoyable.

He said he hadn't yet found out what the fuss was about, so I took that to assume he had not played Portal at all yet.

Spot on - I have not played the original Portal either.

Might pick up the orange box today as well....

As you can tell, I don't really do the gaming thing much these days.

You mean theres people under 30 who haven't played Portal yet? D:

Well I was under 30 when it came out and I haven't played and never got that 'the cake is a lie' thing until I googled it :|

Yes...erm...I haven't. :|

Well I was under 30 when it came out and I haven't played and never got that 'the cake is a lie' thing until I googled it :|

Clicky here (or PM me for a... "cheap" copy). Now. No questions asked. No excuses accepted. Refusal to do so will result in harsh sentences by the High Court of the Internets.

I have it downloaded via steam from when they were giving it out for free but the thing is... I don't really like PC games. I suffer from wanting to do 457689 things at once on computer and those games kinda need the whole screen so I never have gotten around to actually playing it.

I have it downloaded via steam from when they were giving it out for free but the thing is... I don't really like PC games. I suffer from wanting to do 457689 things at once on computer and those games kinda need the whole screen so I never have gotten around to actually playing it.

Go play it then. Its only 8 hours orso

Not sure about Portal specifically but a lot of PC games let you run in windowed mode :p

The first Portal takes from 45 min-2 hours to finish. Also, the Steam overlay lets you browse while playing.

It does? D:
I will go do that now

Wait, fuck. It's not gonna run right on this computer, it has a pretty crap graphics card and the hard drive is making horrible clicking noises FFFFFFFFF

Not sure about Portal specifically but a lot of PC games let you run in windowed mode :p

Open steam, right-click portal -> properties -> set launch options -> Put "-windowed" (it may be "-window" as well, google if neither parameter works. I know one exists) in the parameters and it'll run in a window. Its usually used by Mod developers to quickly edit the game while reading docs etc.

The first Portal takes from 45 min-2 hours to finish. Also, the Steam overlay lets you browse while playing.

Took me 8 orso on my first (and very slow) run

It does? D:
I will go do that now

Wait, fuck. It's not gonna run right on this computer, it has a pretty crap graphics card and the hard drive is making horrible clicking noises FFFFFFFFF

Its angry at you for not playing Portal D:

It was very angry when I tried to play a free version of half life and the graphics kept glitching out, so I am going to assume that if it gets angry at half life it will get angry at portal.

It was very angry when I tried to play a free version of half life and the graphics kept glitching out, so I am going to assume that if it gets angry at half life it will get angry at portal.

Half-life != Portal. and its should work better now, since they put in a BUNCH of Source patches to fix said bugs.