What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

It took over an hour from the advertised "on sale" time this morning, but I secured myself a ticket to see "Opeth: An Evening of Sorcery, Damnation and Deliverance" live at the Sydney Opera House, in February next year.

Worst ticket buying experience EVER. Even once I got access to the site from my place in the queue, it asked where my seating preference was, to "select from the following options", but only provided a blank screen, and no options. No amount of refreshing fixed it, and a few times it showed as sold out, before they magically found more tickets to release, of which I was finally able to get one, despite another error where I was told that there were not enough consecutive tickets available, and I should lower the number of tickets I wanted to purchase. FFS, I only wanted one!

So, coming up now, I have Apocalyptica next month (I get to meet them pre-show too!), Slipknot and Lamb of God in October, Deftones in November and then Opeth in Feb.

Last edited:
It took over an hour from the advertised "on sale" time this morning, but I secured myself a ticket to see "Opeth: An Evening of Sorcery, Damnation and Deliverance" live at the Sydney Opera House, in February next year.

Worst ticket buying experience EVER. Even once I got access to the site from my place in the queue, it asked where my seating preference was, to "select from the following options", but only provided a blank screen, and no options. No amount of refreshing fixed it, and a few times it showed as sold out, before they magically found more tickets to release, of which I was finally able to get one, despite another error where I was told that there were not enough consecutive tickets available, and I should lower the number of tickets I wanted to purchase. FFS, I only wanted one!

So, coming up now, I have Apocalyptica next month (I get to meet them pre-show too!), Slipknot and Lamb of God in October, Deftones in November and then Opeth in Feb.

I honestly was freaking out the last time I bought tickets to a concert because it was just so janky and the site would randomly slowwwww down as (i guess) more people tried to buy and got put in queues.

Ticketing websites are almost all seemingly awful. I can't help but wonder if that's on purpose.

The bit I don't get is that there was first a pre-sale on the Opera House website. Fine. Didn't go as smoothly as hoped, but whatever, it still sold out.

Then there was a pre-sale on a dedicated ticketing website, which also sold out quickly - but without glitches.

The final public sale started 9am today, back on the Opera House website, and though the event was listed on the ticketing site still, they had no further tickets.

It was expected to be busy, as it's a one off show, but the site crashed by 9.01am, and then I sat in a queue of 1200 people until 10.08am when I finally got everything to work, and fluked at getting a ticket.
Many people commenting on the promoter's facebook post were having the same glitches I was, and a few of them that were not far behind me missed out completely.

Are the promoters that stupid that they didn't read the complaints and see the screen shots of things not working as intended, and still decided that the Opera House site was the best way forward?
What was the point of having a pre-sale on an unrelated ticketing website? Why not have the pre-sale on the OH site, and the rest on a site that could handle the amount of traffic they knew would be generated!

And now they've updated the fb page stating it's sold out, but no apology for the shit fight that happened this morning. Had I not had a day off, I couldn't have hung around for an hour trying to get tickets. Apparently even people who called the box office were put on hold for 35 minutes, and then told it was too late.

Last edited:
Kicking a punching bag is so satisfying :D

I just bought a cardboard bed... :D

I'll move next month, my current bed is 25+ years old, but I'll continue using it as guest bed (when certain finns or norwegians stop by on their way south :p ).

Recently bought a viola, as if I'm noisy enough in this apartment. And No Man's Sky for PS4; I've sucked long enough at Bloodborne and Overwatch, so it's time to suck at something different.

Bought this yesterday:

3rdmrzz.jpg

nJFNxlM.jpg

You are sure it's the pedals and not the bottom bracket? That's what normally wears out, and mine was clicking until I replaced it.

Some stuff for my FJ-09...

Tank bag (SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO Engage) and it's adapter ring:

Tail bag (Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S):

And a O2 controller to fix the choppy throttle at low openings (ok, this one is tech):

Das ja Hammerhammerhart.

Do I detect a bit of disgust there? :D
Never been a fan of the Beginner. Don't even know why, never got them. I like Fischmob, Das Bo, early Fettes Brot and the legendary ?i-Tiem, though.

Ticket to Ireland! 19th of september!!