What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Are they 18v? They should still be able to use their most current batteries, no?

NecroJoe;n3542685 said:
Are they 18v? They should still be able to use their most current batteries, no?

Yes and yes, though the later lithium ion battery packs require a different charger than the older ones. Lots of people selling these don't seem to realize this, though - there's lots of these blue 18V Ryobi tools being dumped cheap around here.

Spectre;n3542717 said:
the later lithium ion battery packs require a different charger than the older ones.

Ryobi also has dual-chemistry chargers that come with *most* tools.

I gotta say, as much of a compromise as it may be for cost and ergonomics to have to have that post, I have to give them a lot of credit for even making their newest tools compatible with batteries from 18+ years ago, and the other way around, too.

5-bay NAS with Intel Celeron Quadcore and additional 4GB RAM stick -> TerraMaster F5-420

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"240","width":"400","src":"http:\/\/www.pc-magazin.de\/bilder\/118530695\/800x480-c2\/terra-master-datast-li.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Got a good deal on amazon for it, compared to simarly specced Synology Diskstation (compared to a DS1517+ I saved roughly 300€). It will mainly be a databox for my pictures and plex server, so i don't care all to much about the sw extras the synology DS would have had. .

uY3F1h4.jpg

Picked up a "small" drum sander from an estate sale, man does it ever speed things up.

My first thought was "pizza oven".

Daaaaaamn....jelly! A drum sander, bandsaw, and jointer would be my next three purchases...if I had any more available square footage. :(

Fjällräven Sten jacket.

5058357-GRN00.jpg

NecroJoe;n3547861 said:
Daaaaaamn....jelly! A drum sander, bandsaw, and jointer would be my next three purchases...if I had any more available square footage. :(

Yeah they take up a buttload of space, even the small ones. I've got a bandsaw already, looking for a small planer next.

Oooh. Did you put chipotle Tabasco on it?

A new pair of shoes, Keen Targhee Vent:

1018577_PLD_PDP.jpg

Labcoatguy;n3547962 said:
A one-way ticket to Cincinnati.

There’s a good Indian restaurant near Pill Hill. I think it was called Ambar India.

Last edited: