What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Autumn around the corner which means the beech tree in the back garden will be dropping leaves and nuts all over our recently landscaped and planted space. Since brooms are for witches and manual labourers I just invested in one of these...

6159ooYYkkL._SL1500_.jpg

Looks like she sucks and blows, very nice. I used to vac the leaves up in my grandparents' garden when I was a kid and apart from jelly arms when I was done (original 1990s Flymo Garden Vac was a heavy beast for a kid) it was great fun. I like what they did with the name too - QGarden. Very good.

Reactions: MWF
It sucks, blows and has a mincer to turn the waste into mulch as it sucks. Several reviews rate it better than better known brands costing 2-3 times as much but at £33 delivered I figured it's worth a go especially as I only need it for an area that's roughly 20 square metres.

Only downside is still having to check for live dog grenades before use. It's the danger we face constantly going outside at our house; the real and ever present threat of being ambushed by a delinquent Yorkie's anus.

I certainly don't want one of his turds being shredded 3 inches from my right elbow!

For the cargo bike:
  • Ergon GP4 grips (currently there are GP2s installed, but for me the bar ends are too short)
  • Oil changing set for the gear box (yes, the manufacturer recommends an oil change every year or 5000 km :ph34r:)
  • Pannier rack with quick mounting points for the bag I bought for the trekking bike (the pannier rack from the trekking bike doesn't fit on the cargo bike, otherwise I would have just swapped the rack)

For the gravel bike:
  • Two new tires
  • Spoke reflectors so I don't need those ugly yellow reflectors )in the summer you can go without, but as the darker time of the year approaches it's wise to make soure you will be seen by others)

For the trekking bike:
  • New mud guards (the front one broke on last year's roadtrip when I loaded and unloaded the bike without front wheel)

...yeah, I am into cycling, why do you ask? :ph34r:

New aftermarket driveshaft for the 4Runner to eliminate the aged rubber coupler, set of Brembo drums and Beck-Arnley (meh) shoes for the rear axle of same, plus a couple of boxes of LEDs to convert the dash and console lighting.

TOYOTA_DRIVE_SHAFT_2__83706.1463523079.jpg

14.6757.10__ra_p.jpg

BA0812644-1__ra_p.jpg

t3_2.jpg

A ticket to see Pop Will Eat Itself play the entire "This is the Day...This is the Hour...This is This" album. Tour is next March though.

It sucks, blows and has a mincer to turn the waste into mulch as it sucks. Several reviews rate it better than better known brands costing 2-3 times as much but at £33 delivered I figured it's worth a go especially as I only need it for an area that's roughly 20 square metres.

if you use the mincer, make sure the sun's been shining for a few days and the leaves are all nice and dry
if not, the mincer will just pack up with mushy leaf-puree...i'm talking from experience

ever since, i just take my lawnmower and drive over the leaves
works just as well, but maybe not in your flowerbed :D

We got rid of the mower, no longer required.

This is what our front and back gardens look like after a lot of work over the summer.
dca762b2ce221e2a84ef56a326a1efb9.jpg
8fb60f294c24c849cd7a8535a9bb21d1.jpg

Return tickets to Budapest for late April next year to Budapest so we can visit HWF3.0's friends in Arad, Romania for a week.

FG Hive Mind - since we have nearly a 500km round trip in a rental to get there do I go native and rent a Dacia Sandero for 9/10 of fuck all, or go full Albanian Mafia and spend a fuckton on a black Mercedes?

Last edited:
FG Hive Mind - since we have nearly a 500km round trip in a rental to get there do I go native and rent a Dacia Sandero for 9/10 of fuck all, or go full Albanian Mafia and spend a fuckton on a black Mercedes?
[x] Buy Yugo/Zastava/Polski Fiat/Zhiguli

Now that is one elaborate cat.

Forgot these. Some high-drain 4AH Ryobi One+ batteries for my One+ tools on sale for more than half off.

ryobi-power-tool-batteries-p145-64_1000.jpg

I use a Makita impact wrench already, but since I happen to have so many One+ tools it seemed a good idea to get one that used that battery system as well - so I also picked up a Ryobi P263 3/8" impact wrench when I spotted one for half off.

ryobi-impact-wrenches-p263-64_1000.jpg