What's your NEXT car?

What's your NEXT car?

• Total voters
I'm trying to see if I can swing this once I finish with university:

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/22/chevroletcsvr820083.jpg

But is it sensible or not? On the one hand, it has a 411 hp V8, on the other, it has four doors and a huge trunk. :D

I'm hoping to buy a 2000- 2002 S4 this year but we'll see. Really want to get an all wheel drive car thats german Oh yeah they're got nice power too. :D

I suppose its rather sensible.

Cool, another guy in the market for a s4. :) Any modification plans down the road?

Cool, another guy in the market for a s4. :) Any modification plans down the road?

Appearance wise most likely I'll keep the stock look maybe change the wheels, depends on the color of s4 I get, looking for a black, silver or nogaro blue. Performance I know for sure I want to get the apr ecu upgrade and probably exhaust but I'm not sure on how much I'm gonna spend here really. I not too long ago starting looking at them so I still need to do some research but I', sold on getting one.

I need a new job first lol.

Oh yeah the next next car I plan to get is this new thing in my avatar :D its so smexy

Appearance wise most likely I'll keep the stock look maybe change the wheels, depends on the color of s4 I get, looking for a black, silver or nogaro blue :D. Performance I know for sure I want to get the apr ecu upgrade and probably exhaust but I'm not sure on how much I'm gonna spend here really.

I need a new job first :)

Oh yeah the next next car I plan to get is this new thing in my avatar :D its so smexy

Nice. I'm not a fan of the stock 6-spoke wheels, but I have a feeling if I buy one they'll stay on the car longer than I'd like. Take a look at the M3's lip spoiler. Adds a nice subtle look to the car, and you can pick it up from your local BMW dealer...I can't remember the part number. I've been looking into the GIAC ECU, and a few different turbo-back exhausts. Other than that mine would stay lightly modded (still a pretty good amount of performance) until I justify funding a complete Stage 3 K04 setup. Are you actively looking right now for the car or not yet?

Nice. I'm not a fan of the stock 6-spoke wheels, but I have a feeling if I buy one they'll stay on the car longer than I'd like. Take a look at the M3's lip spoiler. Adds a nice subtle look to the car, and you can pick it up from your local BMW dealer...I can't remember the part number. I've been looking into the GIAC ECU, and a few different turbo-back exhausts. Other than that mine would stay lightly modded (still a pretty good amount of performance) until I justify funding a complete Stage 3 K04 setup. Are you actively looking right now for the car or not yet?

I agree completely about the spoiler, thats the only one I've considered putting on if I do. I am looking in the sense that I'm saving searches and ads on autotrader and stuff like that but I couldn't actually buy one now.

As i said in the "what car is on your mind thread", the gen 8 mitsu galant 2.5l v6 saloon. :cool:

My next car will undoubtably be another coupe. The sensibility of it will be depending on which one I get. If I go for another 5th gen Prelude then it would be sensible. If I buy another 3rd gen Fbody or a foxbody Mustang then it won't be. :D

Unless something highly unlikely happens, I will be continuing to drive sensible cars.

Some of you may think it's not sensible for someone my age to have a pair of full-sized sedans, but with interchangeable parts and enough room to live out of either of them for a few days, it makes sense.

R35 GT-R... I wish =P
More realistically a 2008 STi or Evo X.

I voted for "sensible", but above all it should be fun, which could easily end up defeating any sensibilities completely.

phaeton_07.jpg

W12

+

phaeton_int.jpg

:w00t:

Wish I could afford it. :(

Last edited:
I'm trying to see if I can swing this once I finish with university:

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/22/chevroletcsvr820083.jpg

But is it sensible or not? On the one hand, it has a 411 hp V8, on the other, it has four doors and a huge trunk. :D

seems sensible to me ;)

I suppose my next car isn't exactly practical, simply because i have to make compromises left and right for it.

I actually own my next car, its a VW Rabbit Diesel and it goes like a banshee for what it is. The day i bought it i started tearing it apart, thats how bad i want this engine to keep going. Its probably just a well tuned injection pump that makes it so lively, but its just so much nicer then the Turbo Diesel that i blew up, 400lbs lighter doesn't hurt either. It accelerates faster then most traffic (so i don't die) and has no lack of power anywhere in its 5000rpm rev range, just very little power to begin with.

Two biggest obstacles after i bolt the engine back up and re-bush all of the suspension is to somehow make some sort of safety zone. I don't think i have the technology to make proper crumple zones, but i could atleast weld a nice internal cage around the passenger compartment so that i have SOME hope in case of a accident. If i can get that sorted then i'd like to address the aerodynamics, easiest solution would be to take the front bumper and body skirts off a "Karmann" Cabriolet and then fabricate a underfloor pan with tire deflectors and a mild diffuser out the back, that of course comes after i fix the rust and hopefully repaint the car dark metallic blue, if i can afford that, its black and rusty right now.

Last edited:
I really want something with a manual gearbox and really high revving engine. I'm getting tired of my powerless, slow revving car! 3 speed auto coupled with little power isn't fun.. unless you make it fun by thrashing the hell out of it! :lol: An S2000 would be really, really fun!

Either that, or a Commodore with a LS1, or a Subaru Legacy.

i.e. not very sensible. What's so sensible about a 5.7 V8 or a normal everyday sedan with a boxer engine and an all-wheel-drive system? Not very!

@Flynn you have to be the only person in the world who finds a modern Corolla to be desirable..

Last edited:
I think I will be going with a Focus, probably a Diesel one. I loved our last Focus, it was great to drive, had enough power (1.6 petrol) and a great huge boot...

Probably not the most unsensible car you can find, but I really like it :)

yeah the focus really has a deep boot, my friends at the speed lifesaving club are always fairly amazed at just how many pairs of fins, ropes, torpedo bouys and manikins i can fit in the back of my focus.

only trouble is the engine really hasnt got the guts to pull a full load.

phaeton_07.jpg

W12

+

phaeton_int.jpg

:w00t:

Wish I could afford it. :(

impeccable choice sir

you know, my dad bought this lexus IS220d we have now and the price was somewhere around 22k with only 2000miles on the clock.

im not joking.... for about 3-4g's more he could of bought a 3.0TDi 4Motion VW Pheaton (which although wont be as fast as the W12, its easyily a match torque wise for the V8 and suits the crusing mentallity of the car well)

theyre on autotrader.co.uk for around ?25k and up i think which for a car that well made is pretty good value i reckon

yeah the focus really has a deep boot, my friends at the speed lifesaving club are always fairly amazed at just how many pairs of fins, ropes, torpedo bouys and manikins i can fit in the back of my focus.

only trouble is the engine really hasnt got the guts to pull a full load.

Yeah, 1.4 is kind of weak, a friend of mine had one in its Focus, but he used it mainly on city roads so it wasn't so bad (it made a hell of a good noise too for a reason we did not quite understand !)

impeccable choice sir

you know, my dad bought this lexus IS220d we have now and the price was somewhere around 22k with only 2000miles on the clock.

im not joking.... for about 3-4g's more he could of bought a 3.0TDi 4Motion VW Pheaton (which although wont be as fast as the W12, its easyily a match torque wise for the V8 and suits the crusing mentallity of the car well)

theyre on autotrader.co.uk for around ?25k and up i think which for a car that well made is pretty good value i reckon

Yeah I usually drive like an insane person but if I had this Phateon I would just drift home listening to music. The interior seems like such a nice place to be.

I'm hoping to buy a 2000- 2002 S4 this year but we'll see. Really want to get an all wheel drive car thats german Oh yeah they're got nice power too. :D

I suppose its rather sensible.

You two better keep your pockets deep for those expensive, and frequent, blown turbos, DV valves, oil lines, axle boots, CV joints, digital displays, and the ever dreaded timing chains at 60,000.

/used to want a B5S4 SOOOOO bad.
//then I read about them, I couldn't deal with the poor reliability.
///K04 upgrade, however, and your set for life.
////....after paying $4,000USD for the kit.

When I've finished uni I will try and get a hot-hatch of some sort, maybe a Astra VXR but if I move aboard (hopefully to Sweden or Norway) I don't have a clue.