When to replace jacket armour

user7

Car(s)
2011 Ford Mustang (v6)
I need some opinions here. Recently I was in a motorcycle accident. Looking over my bike and gear, the damage is minimal. My helmet is a bit scratched up, no cracks visible but will replace by the end of the year for good measure. My jacket i'm not sure of. The damage is concentrated on the jacket's right shoulder, the force was enough to give me a separated shoulder. But the jacket is only scuffed; no seam damage, and no visible damage to the armour. The shoulder pads are made of foam with a hard impact plastic shell: http://www.revzilla.com/product/dainese-armor-kit-e-lady

the jacket is a Dainese r-twin. Problem is, even if I wanted to replace the armour - Dainese does not make replacements yet. The jacket uses proprietary shoulder pads, velcro fastened. So i can't fit 3rd party stuff like D3O.

Do you guys think I need to replace the shoulder pad?

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
The shoulder pads are just soft foam, essentially. They're not single use only. However, check for debonded plastic parts and started seams.

You may also want to contact Dainese USA - many makers offer repair and inspection services for use after crashing.