Where Does Your Car Live?

I don't believe we've had one of these threads here before... there's threads to post your desk, room and whatever else, so why not this?

Basically, post a picture of where your car lives when you are not riding it. Parking lot, garage, driveway, side of the street, inside your kitchen, whatever - post your car's living quarters.

This is where my car lives... your standard communal parking lot.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2009/04/27/carhome.jpg

i only have houses with private garages. However, shawn if u have to use a parking garage thats a very good spot as no one can park close to it :) I park only in those types of spots when i go places or go very far from everyone else

I cant stand the way most people park like they all want to just smash into each other

Yeah, it's a really decent spot... not only does nobody park immediately beside me, but the elevators are right behind me so I don't need to walk far to get upstairs.

However... it's six stories underground so it takes ten minutes to get the car out - no joke. :)

Here's my missus. I'm kinda jealous for you guys, having all that space and privacy.

http://img386.imageshack.**/img386/6513/img004222.jpg

Last edited:
I have a nice little 3-vehicle garage:

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 61
^ Do you feel safe parking your car in there? My garage is about as wide as yours, and because i also put my bikes there, i'm not parking my car inside, risk of scratching the car is just a bit too big.

The garage is wider on the inside than it looks. And I always push my bikes in and out with myself between the bike and the car.
I'm more worried about damaging one of the door mirrors when driving through the gate if I forget to retract them.

I'd rather take a chance with my own parking and squeezing-past skills than leaving my car out on the street every night.

How wide is it then? My garage is 3m wide.
Less than that, should be about 2.7 or 2.8 m. Anyway, wide enough - I can open the left rear door all the way, too.
In my youth, I actually had to squeeze my bike past my father's car on the rear wheel because the MTB handlebar was too wide. So, I feel quite relaxed about the current situation. :)

pff, pussies! I park my car inside the garage everyday, literally 1 cm away from 2 bikes, have never hit it...

pff, pussies! I park my car inside the garage everyday, literally 1 cm away from 2 bikes, have never hit it...

Bah, that's nothing! My car is 1 m wider than the garage door, so to get it in, I have to park it outside, disassemble it, then reassemble it inside the garage.

yo dawg, i put a car in park inside a parking garage so you can park while you park.

sadly, my apartment building was buit prior to the advent of the automobile. I park the Lesbaru in the rented outdoor space a few blocks away.

2 Doors, but runs the full length of house, so could fit 4 cars. But in my case 3 cars, tools, lawn equipment.

Before it was cluttered, when moving in:
House050408-8.jpg

House050408-7.jpg

Added some lights on the side I do most car work on:
Garagelights080110b.jpg

Garagelights080110a.jpg

Plenty of room to work, especially on the one wider side:
Car031509.jpg

Othe side with more shelves and peg board:
VertCFroof.jpg

Some posters and old Calendars on the wall:
garagewall040211-3.jpg

Last edited:
I searched and found nothing. Might as well do an update.

Or maybe a mod can merge the threads, that did have five pages or so.

2 Doors, but runs the full length of house, so could fit 4 cars. But in my case 3 cars, tools, lawn equipment.

Before it was cluttered, when moving in:
*snip*
*snip*

Added some lights on the side I do most car work on:
*snip*
*snip*

Plenty of room to work, especially on the one wider side:
*snip*

Othe side with more shelves and peg board:
*snip*

Some posters and old Calendars on the wall:
*snip*