Where In The World Is..?

Lots, actually. Though I'd say most of them grew out of the TG sub-forum and spend their time in the other ones. Or just go argue in the Automotive section. :p
You know, since you've said that, I can't remember the last time I went in the TG forum.

You know, since you've said that, I can't remember the last time I went in the TG forum.

QFT, although I drop by to sneak a look at the spoilers section but other than that don't do much there. Odd how the thing that draws in the majority is the thing long standing members take the least interest in, isn't it?

QFT, although I drop by to sneak a look at the spoilers section but other than that don't do much there. Odd how the thing that draws in the majority is the thing long standing members take the least interest in, isn't it?

Not actually that odd, long-standing members have seen a lot and learned not to get mixed up with bad newbie crowds. ;) I'm actually frequenting Ten-Tenths's sportscar forum more and more as time goes by right now.

^I haven't used a "modem" for 4 years, get with the times man! :p

The few times I was in there, it was right after watching an episode thinking it was brilliant. All I could see however, was comments about people saying it sucked and it's gone down hill and they should kill it already.
So, I don't spend much time there.

^Fiber

jeffy777 hasn't posted in a while..

I miss shesquint. She hasn't been online since october.

Awww, shucks! Life kind of blew up, as it tends to do. Sent husband off to Afghanistan (contractor, not military), did a bit of traveling, finally started college and had to work hard. The other night, a buddy googled this username looking for something on another site. He seems to have read some things I wrote here, so I got on this morning wondering what he now knows about me as a result. Then I saw this, and it totally made my day, and I miss you guys too, and promise to post more henceforth. At least, I will when I get home from rambling around Florida.

Last edited:
Goodbye Post

Goodbye Post

Let me first say, I know some of you will be thinking "don't let the door hit you on the way out." Fair enough, but I'm not making this post to attention whore, I don't need to do that after being on these forums for so many years.

Anyway, I don't think it's fair to most of you if I stay here as an active member. I keep getting into pointless arguments, often with the same people and on the same types of topics.

Now, you're probably saying that's normal, that people come on internet forums to argue over topics they care about, that anytime you have hundreds of people that spend time together often like we do there's going to be disagreements between certain members once in a while.

But the thing is, I'm actually not an argumentative person and therefore don't have any intention of fighting. Quite the opposite in fact, it totally rattles me every time I get into an ugly argument with someone here that cannot be brought to an amicable resolution because this is the internet and arguing with a keyboard is hard.

Maybe some people enjoy the serious debating and get a kick out of a match of wits, but for me I usually just walk away feeling like I was totally to blame, yet not seeing any way I could have prevented that unfavorable turn of events.

Basically, I feel perfectly justified in my opinions but I seem to state them in a way that gets people worked up somewhat frequently. I tried taking a break from the Random Thoughts thread because I thought I could avoid arguments easier in other threads since they aren't as devoted to venting and discussing personal issues and opinions.

Not only did I keep on arguing in other threads, but within a week of posting in the Random Thoughts thread again, I found myself totally powerless before an argument I really would rather not have had. I don't see what about the way in which I speak is so contentious, and I don't think I often say baseless things but yet it seems like I'm not getting along with everyone the way I would like to, which is frustrating for me because I try.

You can only ignore so many instances and so many people's criticisms before you have to start saying maybe these people have a point. Unfortunately I have tried but been unable to remain out of serious arguments on FinalGear for more than a few days at a time, so I don't know what I can do but spare you guys my often negative and critical thoughts altogether.

I was pretty negatively affected the last time I took a break from FinalGear but oh well, I can't see what else I can do at this point. Getting over this one argument and waiting until I inadvertently start the next one in a day or two is not a routine I want to go through; I'm tired of losing sleep over arguments that I had no intention of starting.

So cheers, to everyone. Especially to the handful of like-minded members who I conversed with directly on a frequent basis, but even to those people whose propensity for being a pedant lead them to sometimes read too much into my posts and ultimately to me getting worked up for having my comments misconstrued.

Also I want to apologize to anyone who I've disrespected with my words lately, I hope you believe me when I say I never did it to feel good and have a laugh.

:wave:

Sent you a PM, Shawn.

But Shawn, you are clearly less annoying, stupid, and disliked than me. :( You should not feel chased away.

I'm sorry you feel that way Shawn. I suppose your reasons are sound though.

I'll certainly miss your presence around here, it's nice to have locals on the forum. :(

Maybe you'll change your mind after a bit of a break and come back. :cool:

Last edited: