Where In The World Is..?

i've seen him online after the migration! but he doesn't seem to be very active anymore....

and rickhamilton? he was like the only one left who created threads for all the new models coming out
right now, i have no idea what's being released :bangin:

I come and go but yeah I’m more active elsewhere.

Awwww I’m glad someone appreciated it - I stopped because I thought it was annoying people.

I’ll probably start again.

He's around on the telegrams regularly

Yup

daily_show_logo.png

He and @93Flareside have a daily talkshow there :p

Monday through Friday, 4 pm to 11 pm.

@flyinhawaiian. Last seen Apr 16, 2017.

Theres a FlyinHawaiin on FlyerTalk forums. Just PMed him to see if he was our FlyinHawaiin, and nope, different guy that also likes aviation. What are the chances?

Not seen anything from Rick Hamilton in a while.

why are there telegram groups?
imo, that's the best way to kill off these forums...

and then the telegram groups will die as well

and why aren't these groups mentioned anywhere? i've searched...haven't found anything...

They came about when IRC began experiencing issues, IIRC. They are "unofficial" and rather intense.

This. They were more or less necessary during the vB5 issues, but there has been no need since xenforo. The forum is the perfect venue for many of the discussions that happen in there as one long running stream of consciousness is not conducive to many of the discussions that go on there. Really the best use case for the Telegram is realtime Ringmeet and roadtrip coordination once everyones on the ground. Furthermore, frankly I'm appalled at the amount of talking shit about other members that goes on in there and the general air of "better than thou".

This. They were more or less necessary during the vB5 issues, but there has been no need since xenforo. The forum is the perfect venue for many of the discussions that happen in there as one long running stream of consciousness is not conducive to many of the discussions that go on there. Really the best use case for the Telegram is realtime Ringmeet and roadtrip coordination once everyones on the ground. Furthermore, frankly I'm appalled at the amount of talking shit about other members that goes on in there and the general air of "better than thou".

This, but was that the general consensus of IRC?

This, but was that the general consensus of IRC?
Not to knock any of my good friends or regular Ringmeeters specifically but in my experience IRC has always felt, to me at least, rather cliquey. The in jokes more specific etc etc.

A forum is just that, an open space where anyone can share their thoughts and ideas. IRC is more of a Members' Club.

I talk to him periodically on Google Hangouts. He's in NYC and just wrote a book.

He was at ringmeet this year.

Attachments

• A14FA3F4-955F-4A14-8D4A-673DDB3E8BE0.jpeg
    A14FA3F4-955F-4A14-8D4A-673DDB3E8BE0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 294
I wonder whether there's some way to order via @BlaRo so he gets a cut!