Where we are going, there might not be roads... '99 Fiat Panda 4x4

MXM

I paid for this title

This started when public floated the idea of buying a car for the Balkan roadtrip in Slovenia. He wanted a Yugo initially, but then considered at least 50 different cars, including a classic Fiat Panda. I've been slowly processing this information, until I decided that I want must have a Panda 4x4 in my life.

The initial plan was to buy the cheapest classic Panda 4x4 in Slovenia. But I ended up buying the most expensive classic Panda 4x4 in Slovenia :lol: Well, Ice and nicjasno did the buying, I will only get to see the car live in about a month's time. In fact, I still don't know what kind of fabric is under those seat covers, could be something really awful :p

After the roadtrip, and the ringmeet, I plan on driving it home, and using it as a daily winter transport. Super excited about it!

The Panda is in nicjasno's care at the moment, I hope he'll soon have time to add a hundred more photos and details about it's condition here :)

SNcVaf0.gif

MXM;n3550707 said:
The Panda is in nicjasno's care at the moment, I hope he'll soon have time to add a hundred more photos and details about it's condition here :)
FTFY :p

What's the matter with buying snotboxes for 4000+ km roadtrips? Oh, right, Mikko and me started this trend, I should keep quiet... :p

loose_unit;n3550708 said:
This is amazing! I love it!

mjk;n3550709 said:
That's brilliant. 10/10. Highly approved.

Thanks!

Eye-Q;n3550710 said:
What's the matter with buying snotboxes for 4000+ km roadtrips? Oh, right, Mikko and me started this trend, I should keep quiet... :p

You've had practically a sportscar with your massive 68hp in the Swift!

Woo, congrats! Looking forward to knowing more about it and eventually seeing it in person at the Ringmeet :) Hope it brings you a lot of joy and no trouble!

Love it, I still enjoy watching that old Wheeler Dealers episode with the 4x4 Panda despite them ruining it. I didn't know they still made these in 1999, or is it 1899? :p

Oh yeah, WD really did a number on that poor car, didn't they.... This is MY98, produced in 99, first registered in 2000. They made them until 2003!

Eye-Q;n3550710 said:
FTFY :p

DgTNgJXW4AA_O8j.jpg

DgTNgJDXkAEMVzW.jpg

And the thing is still going!

Once again, this is why I love FG and the people that make part of it. :lol:
Congrats! Can't wait to drive it!

Wohoo, congratulations, absolutely amazing! I always wanted one before I dropped the habit...

Weren't they built by Steyr in Graz, not far from Maribor?

Beni;n3550856 said:
Wohoo, congratulations, absolutely amazing! I always wanted one before I dropped the habit...

Weren't they built by Steyr in Graz, not far from Maribor?

According to wiki all Pandas were built at Mirafiori, but Steyr designed the 4x4 gear, and supplied it (for the first generation, anyway).

Hmm, German Wikipedia thinks it was built in Austria.

Does it have the funky extra dials?

yZBpDcW.jpg

Sadly I think the Pandometer was only offered in the Sisley special edition that got brown leather seats and a dark green metallic paint.