Where we are going, there might not be roads... '99 Fiat Panda 4x4

Ah, the answer was also right in the first post...the picture showed it quite clearly...
But more importantly it has the "Panda 4x4" imprint on the rear hatch, which it seems the Sisleys missed out on. :)

Luckily, replica/reproduction meters are available on eBay, with or without the Sisley branding!

MXM;n3550707 said:
After the roadtrip, and the ringmeet, I plan on driving it home, and using it as a daily winter transport. Super excited about it!

I will straight-up buy this off you and ship it to America in 2024 when it'll be legal to bring over.

MXM;n3550722 said:
Oh yeah, WD really did a number on that poor car, didn't they.... This is MY98, produced in 99, first registered in 2000. They made them until 2003!

a model year 1998 produced in 1999? :eek:

Mitchi;n3550928 said:

And registered in 2000

Is it an italian thing to produce an already bygone model year a year later, or is this a typing error? :) I'd expect a 99 MY produced in 98 ...

Mitchi;n3550930 said:
Is it an italian thing to produce an already bygone model year a year later, or is this a typing error? :) I'd expect a 99 MY produced in 98 ...

Building "future" cars is some American nonsense. Why can't a model last several years, anyway?

But technically, even MY98 means nothing here, as it was basically the same spec between 94-02 or something.

Except the price gap that could swallow several cars that I've been considering :lol:

public;n3550934 said:
Except the price gap that could swallow several cars that I've been considering :lol:

Haha, I'm happier with a single Panda than I would be with all the cars you considered :p

... which doesn't change the fact that this was damn expensive. But 4x4 was a must, and I do hope it's a good deal. Not a steal like yours, but significantly cheaper than elsewhere in Europe.

Last edited:
Yes, and there are rusty bits in mine that have already been tackled properly in yours – and it would cost me money to get them done right. You got a pre-nicjasnoed car basically :)

Mitchi;n3550928 said:

OFzbSIz.jpg

MXM;n3550932 said:
Building "future" cars is some American nonsense. Why can't a model last several years, anyway?

But technically, even MY98 means nothing here, as it was basically the same spec between 94-02 or something.

I agree - sometimes I think it's funny when a US-american car is labeled as MY2020 in 2017 or similar :lol:

When you've been building the same car since 1980, the last model years aren't that crucial :lol:

Just stumbled across something over on retrorides, just in case you truly run out of roads:

f7086fe126ce.jpg6121940b30ae.jpg

The "before" pictures there are quite amazing...

That’s a clever addition, great for getting around tight turns off road too. You would have to be careful not to grenade the diff though, I don’t think Fiat had that kind of thing in mind.

Matt2000;n3551109 said:
That’s a clever addition, great for getting around tight turns off road too. You would have to be careful not to grenade the diff though, I don’t think Fiat had that kind of thing in mind.

Hm... Can you elaborate? Does locking one side with a handbrake really put any more stress on the diff?

I just have to share this... As you know, the car is in nicjasno's care atm, and he's preparing it for the upcoming trip.

BTFaxxH.jpg

:lol: