Where would you like to see the magazine?

Good idea. We currently have editions in :

... Indonesia
Korea
Netherlands
New Zealand...

I live in Seoul and I have looked in at least 15 shops for the magazine, do you know where it is being carried? I went to the website hoping to find a list of places that carried it and came up empty there, that would be nice to know!

Dash - Hungary is for later in 2007, keep watching

Scott - sorry to hear that. I'll PM you the editor's e-mail address and you can drop him a line, he can tell you where to find it. In my opinion, there's is one of the best international editions of the magazine anywhere in the world.

What I spent 13 pages thinking about saying has pretty much been said......but I'll say it anyway so I can get it out of my head.

Australia!

I have really started to notice the UK versions, but it is a real hit an miss if the newsagents get them (either that or they sell fast, which wouldn't surprise me and is a good sign) unless you go to Boarders, but I do not go often enough and yes they are expensive. I was surprised when I found out NZ had a version because hey its New Zealand, enough said. Yes, there are a few motoring mags here but the two most popular, Wheels and Motor are essentially the same magazine and is always Ford Vs Holden. If there was more variation on what was tested, it still had the same humor as well as the columns by May and Clarkson it could be a real hit. As it was previously stated the SBS network which airs the TV show has set up its own Top Gear website so surely there is surely some great demand, heck I have head people who I would think are rev-head talk about watching Top Gear on a regular basis (hows about an Aussie version of the show)

also, you said in a previous post about chatting to the DVD people about full season on DVD, how did that go?

Last edited:
I always read TG Mag in Russia :) I very like this best magazine ) But sometime on topgear.com i was see that with magazine(in UK or other country(s)) be attach(once Jeremy's book). But in russian edition we haven't this book. So we want all bonuses which have ppls with mag in other countries. So.. and why to not make in december issue calendar for next year? :) And we always read one month later then in UK, and some news for this moment are old. :( I understand that need time for translate...but.. Thanks for TG Magazine anyway :)

Last edited:
With The National Enquirer tossing yet another one into the mix (MPH) that's really more than the market can bare---and sales were already in decline!

Footnote on the US market: MPH has already been cancelled after barely a year in production. Another "major," Modified Magazine, was just purchased by the Primedia Enthusiast Auto Group (publisher of Motor Trend and others), which itself is up for sale.

When I first subscribed to the magazine a year or so ago, I'd receive a fairly small version that had the $7.99 US price on it. To tell you the truth, I was pretty miffed about it just because after the conversion and credit card fee for the international transaction, it cost me somewhere near $150 USD for a magazine that was good, but small. Then about half-way through my subscription it doubled in size and the cover cost was in GBP. Having the data section in the back was nice because I at least felt like I was getting more of what I paid for.

Clarkson's editorials are online, at least they were then, and a lot of the good features end up on the show. That coupled with the extreme cost (de-valued dollar sucks), I just really couldn't get myself to renew. I will in the future, I'm sure, because I really did like the magazine.

A digital version would be something I'd be interested in, I believe, as long as you had the ability to print it (so make sure whatever DRM'd magazine program you use, make sure we can at least print), and the cost was lower, I'd be more willing to buy it.

As for the UK ads in the export versions. I like them. US television is dull and boring when it comes to ads, international stuff always seems to be wittier or more entertaining. I've noticed that trend in print ads too. Reading Top Gear was always an experience for me, so the ads were part of it.

Just throwing in my opinion.

As for the UK ads in the export versions. I like them. US television is dull and boring when it comes to ads, international stuff always seems to be wittier or more entertaining. I've noticed that trend in print ads too. Reading Top Gear was always an experience for me, so the ads were part of it.

I agree with you there. I rarely notice an ad in magazines/newspapers anymore. It's nice to have a change.

I also was interested in purchasing a subscription to TG Magazine, but on a college student's salary ($0, lol) it would be fairly difficult. (That's a lot of beer, you know!) I'm glad you guys (BBC) have this in the works, though. One of these days I'll eventually be able to show my patronage through a subscription or two.

Canada: I cast my ballot for leaving the distrubution of the TG UK version as is in the Great White North.

I bought my first issue of TG UK ver. mag @ Pearson airport on Christmas when our flight was delayed. I thought it was expensive at first but considering I read every last word of print that was between the covers it was money very well spent.
Having a motoring magazine that contains the intelligence and humour of the TG brand while being able to see cars that I have never heard of before is fantastic.

If I want to know about a Canadian or N.A auto I can pick up one of the plethora of cookie cutter mags that litter the shelves already. Their dull and unimaginative style of reviewing the same old N.A trucks/suvs/cars is painfull to endure but gets the job done.

Living in N.A. I've become so accustomed to thinking that the automotive center of the planet is here and everything around is just flotsom and jetsom that we can glance at as we press on in our busy lives.
But watching the TG show and reading the TG UK version of the magazine opens my eyes and provides me a chance to learn that there is so much more to the automotive planet then Ford Mustangs, Toyota Camrys and Dodge Ram pick-ups.

So please leave an excellent product as is. It's pricey but considering the superior quality of the product I can justify the expense.

I read Topgear India... But I think the Indian edition carries a lot of UK edition's content in it.. But the content is late by one month I believe...

I would be glad to buy "I am the stig" T shirt from Topgear India if it plans to sell or any other Topgear memorabilia !

On the whole... gr8 content guys and are very good layout too !

Late chime in, I do buy Top gear magazine pretty much because I get a ton of cool British perspective on cars. Espically their cars, I don't see why, but I enjoy reading about the Citroen even if I cant buy one.

I saw in the beginning you said that a Scandinavian Version is in the pipeline and that it would probably end up as different versions for the diffirent scandinavian countries
- I Guess that you would start with one market and continue to the next one after establishing in one first. So may i suggest starting with the swedish version as swedish is understood broadly over most of scandinavia, in sweden of course everyone can read swedish but in finland about 98% can read swedish, the few percent that cant read swedish probably are to old to read at all anyway... So the swe-edition could be sold in sweden, finland, norway and denmark as the norwegians & danish understand swedish pretty well too.
If you would make it in danish for example you could only sell it in denmark as their language is not so broadly spread and understood in the other countries...

I messed up the text there a bit, not brilliant at english but hope you understand my point...

To be honest, we have a local bookstore here that import Top Gear magazine from the UK, i browse through it and find a lot of advertisment. I don't really like it because of the many advertisment. I prefer Evo and F1 Racing, it is quite popular here, but that is because both of those magazine have a local edition. I think they should make a local edition of Top Gear magazine for my country but i doubt anyone actually know what Top Gear is. There is an edited 30 minutes show of Top Gear here too but it is quite dull and boring. I doubt people here find cars interesting by the car that is driven by a lot of people here.

I'd like to see TG mag get to the US on time - right now the only way to read it is a month or so after it comes out. Also (and this is for all British car mags) I'd like to be able to get a TG Magazine subscription that costs less than 12 issues do at a book store ($120 to buy every issue at a store compared to about $170 from the website) and for US readers to get all of the incentives you give British subscribers (DVD's, I am the Stig T-Shirts, etc)

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to ask how often the TG Magazine comes out?
I downloaded the ones from Kuranosuke's FTP, but they're all from 2006. Since the TG show is showing less reviewing (incl. interior shots of the car & technical stuff), I thought this would be the perfect way to keep up with all the new cars.
Are there any newer scans around? (it's really hard for me to get it in Australia).

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
OK, I've been away for a while, so let me try and catch up.

1) All those of you in the UK, make sure you don't miss this month's issue, which is on sale in, like, a couple of days time. It has a free DVD - The Challenges - which is, well, you can guess...

2) The US - still in the pipeline but a long way off, so keep watching. Log on to www.topgear.com if you don't want to buy the mag ... but we do have a cunning plan to get the price down so keep watching the bookstores.

3) Australia - you should find it much easier to get hold of the magazine from this month onwards.

4) Scandinavia - Sweden is in the pipeline for late 2007, keep watching this space.

5) Bulgaria - launching soon.

6) Malaysia & Singapore - launching in a few days time!

Also, go and have a look at the BBC Worldwide channel on YouTube and you'll get some extra TG goodness featuring Jason Barlow and Tom Ford (with his Top Gear hat on).

TGUKGLM, great news!!! Can you tell us when you'll be launching it in BG? And what the price would be?

Australia - you should be able to find it outside the major cities from next month onwards and at a much more reasonable price. Bear with us, it might take a month or two for this to filter through everywhere but it is coming.

Bulgaria - expect to launch this in May (from what I remember) with a cover price of around 2 Euros (but this is not yet confirmed). I'll post full details here when we have them.